My "Tromix" 410!

I'm sure it's been done before, but I wanted to try the Tromix DIY S-12 trigger guard on my 410. Was stymied at first as none of the holes really lined up. Then I got the idea to trim off the forward welded nut to clear the new trigger, then drilled two new holes, one in the trigger guard forward of the old one, and one in the receiver for the rear welded nut. The middle nut was lined up with the old trigger hole, so I just placed a big washer over the Ace Internal block and cranked it down without filling the old trigger hole. The Tromix guard "almost" fills the void. Worked out pretty good, but the trigger does set a little forward. No issues with functionality, but might not work with gloves. At least it matched my S-12 now! (forgot to take pics of the two together). Here are a bunch of progress shots. (ignore the crappy finish on the bottom of the receiver, most of it is fuzz from where I knocked them down by sanding. Will need to refinish later)

410-1.jpg

410-2.jpg

410-3.jpg

410-4.jpg

410-5.jpg

410-6.jpg

410-7.jpg

Edited by Rustynuts

In my honest opinion. . . this thread's subject title is hugely misleading. (Can't help but to wonder if such was your intent.)

Nonetheless, congrats with the successful installation of your new trigger guard.

In my honest opinion. . . this thread's subject title is hugely misleading. (Can't help but to wonder if such was your intent.)

Nonetheless, congrats with the successful installation of your new trigger guard.

Ha! You thought it was one of Tromix's 410 SBR's? I wish! That's why I put it in "parens" in the title.

No effect at all for me, works fine. If you have stubby fat fingers, may be a problem, or gloves as I mentioned. That's why the real Tromix 410 uses a squared off guard. I wanted to see if I could get the original profile to work so it matches my S-12.