finally finished the conversion, full wood stock.

wow i dont remember posting that one up.

You didn't. It's photobucket. I saw your Nismo wheels too. LOL.

Rename your pictures when posting them on the internet. If you don't, someone can just change the # in the link, and see all your photos.

Edited by Polak

crap i dident know, yea that was some guys car i posted on sale for him. how do i change the name? i thought if i alter the link the link will be messed up

Before you upload them to photobucket change the name, and don't number them (at least in order).

Anyway, back to the topic. SHOW US MORE PICS :)

That inspires me to buy another one and finish it out in wood now. I've had a plan for one cooking up for a while, but just haven't talked myself into spending the money that I'll need to put into it. I've got a couple of things I want to do to my others at the moment that will have to be put on hold if I jump into my next project.

Nice, really nice! My wood furniture was pretty rough-looking when I got it. I opted to coat all of the pieces (stock, upper/lower handguards) with black spray on bedliner, instead of refinishing it. You've got me wanting to go for the traditional look a little bit now.

Great work there!

Edited by Kevin in Texas

thanks guys, the wood is taiwanese knock offs. i have no idea of the finish or anything. i just came back from shooting i took some pictures with my phone. the gun was great, worked flawless, the front handgaurd got a bit loose and the pistol grip seemed to get loose and the butt stock screws also loosened up. im guessing its normal since the wood was never used before, hopefully it will be fine next time.

Edited by BlackLs1Ttop

thanks guys, the wood is taiwanese knock offs. i have no idea of the finish or anything. i just came back from shooting i took some pictures with my phone. the gun was great, worked flawless, the front handgaurd got a bit loose and the pistol grip seemed to get loose and the butt stock screws also loosened up. im guessing its normal since the wood was never used before, hopefully it will be fine next time.

Wow that's the stuff that Centerfire Systems was selling for $69.99 then isn't it? It looks great.

Did you get a spring clip that goes inside of your upper handguard? That usually won't be included when buying wood.

On the lower handguard, I'm guessing it got loose because your retainer moved a lil bit. Did you mod you own retainer or did you buy one from Dinzag? With Dinzag's there is a set screw that can be used to elminate movement. If it is your own, you might want to notch the barrel and use a bigger screw that goes through your retainer so it will lock in the position.

i fixed it now but if it gets loose again i will notch the barrel. oh and i dont think the stuff i have is the centerfire one, there is many differant knock offs on the market. also the spring clip is needed for the top guard or else it will be really loose. i can install a set screw on the retainer but i want it looking original so i dont think i will go with the set screw, but i think i will notch the top of the barral so it can have the extra support.

all parts-

tapco single hook G2 FCG modified hammer for BHO

ak retaining plate stainless steel

ak-74 vented gas tube

tapco ak-74 style brake

ak lower handguard retainer modified

new wood furniture set

i cant think of anything else at the moment, i need to make a bullet guide but i have been busy lately, so hopefully sometime at the end of the week

i fixed it now but if it gets loose again i will notch the barrel. oh and i dont think the stuff i have is the centerfire one, there is many differant knock offs on the market. also the spring clip is needed for the top guard or else it will be really loose. i can install a set screw on the retainer but i want it looking original so i dont think i will go with the set screw, but i think i will notch the top of the barral so it can have the extra support.

The rifle looks really great. I have a lower retainer modded in a similar way to yours. I have the side notches for the teeth but that was not enough to maintain a hold. Even with slow fire, it would work its way forward. I just notched the barrel and got the screw in but havent been back to test it yet. I am sure it will hold now though. I went some Russian Plum on my newest one. When I eventually do a 20gauge (probably next years tax return) I will go with wood.

^^ i also put some locktite on the retainer area but i still have a feeling its going to move forward like you said. i guess its safe to notch the barrel the same depth of the original side notches? i hope to see some more people with the wood furniture on saigas, i like the tactical ones that people have but when you have wood furniture even the people that dont know crap about guns know that its an AK :killer:

When I notched mine, I had the retainer in place and used a bit to grind the spot where the cross bolt would fit. I only did a little at a time until I could force the bolt through by screwing it into position. I didn't want to over do that part.