A few more questions

Hey guys, got a couple more questions for you. 1. I have been reading here on this site about bullet guides. It seems there is some confusion...do I need to install one of these in my 5.45? If I do, can I use a regular flat head bolt and lock tight a nut underneath? If I install the bullet guide, do I have to modify all my magazines (mostly bulgarians I think) or just my original 10 round saiga mag? http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16321&cat=281&page=1 2. I wanted to buy my stuff from kvar instead of dinzag becuase it is 15 dollars cheaper for the bullet guide and $15 dollars cheaper for the stock set/FCG....total savings $30: http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16964&cat=335&page=1 Is the k-var FCG as good as the Tapco G2? Easy to install? 3. Also, can I get those little plastic rivets that go in the reveivcer holes from hope depot or lowes? Thanks again.

1. Not sure about 5.45 myself

2. Most people prefer the G2 to the Arsenal FCG, and Dinzag's BG comes with the drill bit and tap to install it.

3. Yes Lowes shold have them, not sure about Home Depot, You can also get them from Dinzag.

Regarding bullet guides (whether for a 5.45x39 or some other caliber Saiga rifle), the consensus is: If you intend to use other than OEM magazines in your rifle, then you should install a bullet guide due to variances with aftermarket and other manufacturer's magazines.

Get Dinzag's guide from him or CarolinaShootersSupply.com the Arsenal/K-Var one does not come with a drill bit and tap to install it. Your rifle may also be flat trunion. You need to check if you have a round or flat trunion and make sure you buy the right bullet guide

With a bullet guide in, you don't need to mod any magazines besides the factory one. All AK-74 magazines will insert and feed in your gun at that point.

Go with Dinzag for the bullet-guide. He has the FLAT one 99% of the 5.45x39 needs.

CSS is curved also (like Kvars).

Mine from DZ is due in tommorrow and I will have in on Friday (day off for dentist).

Will do a mini write up with pics as usual.. And also modify my Saiga OEM mag if need be.. (also do a pic-torial) on that..

Lowes has the plugs for $2 or so.. Hillman 3/16" Nylon Hole Plug BLACK (Hillman # 881274). Ask for PANEL plugs or you may get a LOST associate with no clue...

Hope this helps... Stay tuned..

. . .With a bullet guide in, you don't need to mod any magazines besides the factory one. All AK-74 magazines will insert and feed in your gun at that point.

Okay, this is utter news to me. So WITH the bullet guide installed an owner needs to modify OEM Izhmash magazines???!!!! I was under the belief that the bullet guides didn't affect OEM mag feeding.

~Gary

Edited by Gary

Go with Dinzag for the bullet-guide. He has the FLAT one 99% of the 5.45x39 needs.

CSS is curved also (like Kvars).

Mine from DZ is due in tommorrow and I will have in on Friday (day off for dentist).

Will do a mini write up with pics as usual.. And also modify my Saiga OEM mag if need be.. (also do a pic-torial) on that..

Lowes has the plugs for $2 or so.. Hillman 3/16" Nylon Hole Plug BLACK (Hillman # 881274). Ask for PANEL plugs or you may get a LOST associate with no clue...

Hope this helps... Stay tuned..

Awesome info. Thanks guys. YWHIC, good luck at the dentist (hope he doesn't beat you up to bad....I'm a dentist. :super: ) By the way, what size drill bits do I need to drill out the rivets on my receiver?