Building an AK105 Clone

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom right is the new krink riffle I bought, and left middle is the Tula parts kit I just picked up.     Top left-107ur, Bottom left Bulgarian Demil, Top Right Virgin Bulgy with peep sight dust

Pure value is in the russian AK105 thats were its at!!!!! I'll post pics her soon just got to moly her up!!!!   Go big or go home.   piece meal drives me nuts.

• 4 months later...

Bump this back up as I have a specific question, and it seems you guys know the answer. Can the Russian FSB/GB be used to convert a 5.45 Saiga into an AK-105 pattern or is the gas port hole on the Saiga located such that the Bulgarian FSB/GB is the only one that will work?

It is damn tempting to fire off an order for one of those SGL32-61s and snag the Russian side folders KVAR has right now and call it good. I knwo the front site would be wrong, but with all of the crap stamped/penciled onto the Receiver is may not matter...of course, one could always have the builder "wipe" the receiver and add the correct Russian markings...

There shouldn't be a difference in the gas ports, for example I used a Bulgarian 5.45 gas block on a friends 7.62 Saiga sporter conversion and even the pin holes lined up.

If you're willing to drop the $$$ the SGL32 would be fine, you can always swap the Bulgarian 105 FSB/gasblock for a proper Russian, then sell the Bulgarian to get a few bucks back. I'm considering SBRing my SGL31-61 by converting it to a 105 pattern rifle but haven't made up my mind yet.

Z

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Any news on this by chance?

The gas ports are in different locations.. and the bbl has to be turned down when using a russian GB. If using a Russian Gas Block the gas port will need to be welded and re-drilled. This information is straight from Ted Marshall.

True, a friend is going through the same process and I've gotten my schooling on AK105's

Z

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...