Building an AK105 Clone

How important is the fake pin? I think they look amazing and I figure with just a handful of Russian ak105 kits in the US according to multiple sources, that the old adage applied - If its worth doing, its worth over doing.

Theres only 2 people I know of that have the Russian Gas Block, and one of them doesnt have it any more I do..

I have a feeling I will regret not getting the faux 3rd pin..

Im gonna have a problem only buying one sgl-31... Im gonna want another to just put a folding stock on and turn into an AKS-74. That would be the perfect candidate for the 5.5mm triangle and Russian Wood :rolleyes:

remember, in these tough times it is important to spend a shit ton of money thus making BigSal feel inadequate..... :lolol:

haha I will probably just end up with the current "sin"terfire special as my 16" ak74.. quite tempting at $369 shipped with 3 mags..

Hey be aware you could buy a SGL-32, just out today, and cannibalize the receiver keeping the cooler CR-style barrel:

d_1581.jpg

that really pisses me off...no 7.62x39 love

Be patient, I would wager the SGL22 will likely be introduced this year as well. Eventually the only distinctions in K-Var's line up will be that all their Bulgarian rifles will come with folding poly stocks and be priced $100 less than their Russian counterparts. I am still waiting for their 10-10-10 sale to pick up a 31.... well that and the fact that Im broke... But still JMac:> If you can pick up the sgl32 it might be a good investment as well, according to their site there is only 1 left!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bottom right is the new krink riffle I bought, and left middle is the Tula parts kit I just picked up.     Top left-107ur, Bottom left Bulgarian Demil, Top Right Virgin Bulgy with peep sight dust

Pure value is in the russian AK105 thats were its at!!!!! I'll post pics her soon just got to moly her up!!!!   Go big or go home.   piece meal drives me nuts.

How important is the fake pin? I think they look amazing and I figure with just a handful of Russian ak105 kits in the US according to multiple sources, that the old adage applied - If its worth doing, its worth over doing.

Theres only 2 people I know of that have the Russian Gas Block, and one of them doesnt have it any more I do..

Im gonna have a problem only buying one sgl-31... Im gonna want another to just put a folding stock on and turn into an AKS-74. That would be the perfect candidate for the 5.5mm triangle and Russian Wood :rolleyes:

remember, in these tough times it is important to spend a shit ton of money thus making BigSal feel inadequate..... :lolol:

haha I will probably just end up with the current "sin"terfire special as my 16" ak74.. quite tempting at $369 shipped with 3 mags..

Hey be aware you could buy a SGL-32, just out today, and cannibalize the receiver keeping the cooler CR-style barrel:

d_1581.jpg

Be patient, I would wager the SGL22 will likely be introduced this year as well. Eventually the only distinctions in K-Var's line up will be that all their Bulgarian rifles will come with folding poly stocks and be priced $100 less than their Russian counterparts. I am still waiting for their 10-10-10 sale to pick up a 31.... well that and the fact that Im broke... But still JMac:> If you can pick up the sgl32 it might be a good investment as well, according to their site there is only 1 left!

someone on the akforum pointed out that all of the 107's are sold out....maybe some SGL's w/folders in the future??

also the world better not end before this supposed sale you always talk about happens....I just cant spend $700 for a sgl21 when my garage built 81' Romy is just as reliable....and accurate w/irons

sorry for jacking your thread JMac

d_1581.jpg

someone on the akforum pointed out that all of the 107's are sold out....maybe some SGL's w/folders in the future??

also the world better not end before this supposed sale you always talk about happens....I just cant spend $700 for a sgl21 when my garage built 81' Romy is just as reliable....and accurate w/irons

sorry for jacking your thread JMac

Yeah thats true about the 107's being gone, but it seems like Arsenal Bulgaria sends these things in large batches and the last one must have been 106 series (there are plenty of those), so I suspect we have not seen the last 7.62x39 Bulgarian rifles, and it doesn't make sense for them to offer the SGL's with folding stocks, as then basically no one would buy the Bulgie units... Anyway thats my thinking.

Of course they would build a 105 for mass consumption after I spend countless hours and lots of money to track down parts to build one..

I might just buy that put the folding stock on it, sell my russian kit and call it a day...

No worries on Jacking the thread

I cant seem to find the SGL32 anywhere for sale?

Edited by JMac

Of course they would build a 105 for mass consumption after I spend countless hours and lots of money to track down parts to build one..

I might just buy that put the folding stock on it, sell my russian kit and call it a day...

Well its not a Russian FSB, and the MB is US made and extended to meet the 16" barrel. You still have a better project going.

Well its not a Russian FSB, and the MB is US made and extended to meet the 16" barrel. You still have a better project going.

Very true very true... but what if this were women instead of guns... The sgl32 is essentially the same and is cheaper and much easier and easy is better than a long term fighting relationship with many decisions and lots of time and money invested... :lolol:

Edited by JMac

Very true very true... but what if this were women instead of guns... The sgl32 is essentially the same and is cheaper and much easier and easy is better than a long term fighting relationship with many decisions and lots of time and money invested... :lolol:

shes got the clap....run :lolol:away

shes got the clap....run :lolol:away

Haha

Guess Im going to have to pick up one of the Tula AKS-74u kits that just came in.. Ive been trying to gather parts to build a Tula clone, dont have to worry about that I can just buy the whole kit now..

So that sets the 105 project back again

By faux pin, are you referring to a 3rd axis pin in the FCG? what is the purpose, just cosmetic?

I saw a 107 today for 700$ at a shop in downtown houston. Even if they are sold out, I'm sure you could find one on a trader also.

By faux pin, are you referring to a 3rd axis pin in the FCG? what is the purpose, just cosmetic?

I saw a 107 today for 700$ at a shop in downtown houston. Even if they are sold out, I'm sure you could find one on a trader also.

Yes purely cosmetic, he puts the Y stamp in the receiver and cuts the heads off of an Axis pin then silver solders them in there correct 3rd pin location. Looks amazing

tula-004.jpg

google marshall arms, cant link to it on this forum because hes not a contributor/business member

107cr?

google marshall arms, cant link to it on this forum because hes not a contributor/business member

107cr?

thanks, ill check out marshall in a few.

It was a 107f, not the cr. I also looked inside the MB while I was there. The arsenal brakes are not chrome lined.

Edited by GregM1

Call me paranoid but I think average BATF agent would slap charges on you for that 3rd axis rivit, even if it is just cosmetic. They don't know guns they just bust people with them. You wouldn't go to jail but sure as hek would have a big lawyer bill.

Yes purely cosmetic, he puts the Y stamp in the receiver and cuts the heads off of an Axis pin then silver solders them in there correct 3rd pin location. Looks amazing

tula-004.jpg

107cr?

Call me paranoid but I think average BATF agent would slap charges on you for that 3rd axis rivit, even if it is just cosmetic. They don't know guns they just bust people with them. You wouldn't go to jail but sure as hek would have a big lawyer bill.

tula-004.jpg

107cr?

Ted Marshall Contacted the ATF and got it "ok'd" there is no hole in the receiver so therefore none of the FA parts can be installed

They are carefully silver soldiered to the outside of the receiver

Edited by JMac

Sent the money off for the Tula AKS-74U kit... damnit.. Had a really nice pair of Vented HG's that needed a home

Maybe Ill get the SGL-31 when I get my Bonus check...

Now that I have secured the 105 kit so I don't feel as pressed to buy the "common" sgl-31 when opportunities for more rare items pop up.

I will finish this project, I pinky promise!

Thinking about calling up Troy and ditching the faux 3rd pin, I can always do it and the engraving later on.

I have a feeling the Tulas will be common now. I have a feeling there were a fucking LOT of them brought into the country from Bulgaria. I would guess there will be a price drop on them when rguns is done with their lot and other vendors receive their lots. I would still work on your 105 project. My 2-cents...

I have a feeling the Tulas will be common now. I have a feeling there were a fucking LOT of them brought into the country from Bulgaria. I would guess there will be a price drop on them when rguns is done with their lot and other vendors receive their lots. I would still work on your 105 project. My 2-cents...

So if this is the case should I keep my bulgy aks-74u and parts kit? I planned on putting both on the chopping block.

I still think the Krinkovs where not produced as commonly as the full length rifles.

I'm still gonna complete my 105, but now its gonna look better when it has a Russian Krink sitting next to it.

So if this is the case should I keep my bulgy aks-74u and parts kit? I planned on putting both on the chopping block.

I still think the Krinkovs where not produced as commonly as the full length rifles.

I'm still gonna complete my 105, but now its gonna look better when it has a Russian Krink sitting next to it.

Its just a feeling! :lolol:

So whats your "feelings" on the aks-74 kits coming in?

like you said on the other forum...I loves me some 7.62x39mm

I did pick up a complete bulgy 74 barrel assembly....just need to buy a receiver and some furniture for it...

as for the izzy 74 kits rumored to be coming in...I would buy one..maybe

I did pick up a complete bulgy 74 barrel assembly....just need to buy a receiver and some furniture for it...

Well I am not privy to the numbers, but If you think about it, how these things are imported is they go from Russia to a Bulgarian Self-Storage Unit to sit for 5 years, then they come to the US with the clear A-OK from th BATF. It does not make sense to import only a few at a time. I would bet they have a shipping container or two filled with these things and are gonna spred them out over the next two years. I am not going to buy this round.... but it is tempting.

Well I am not privy to the numbers, but If you think about it, how these things are imported is they go from Russia to a Bulgarian Self-Storage Unit to sit for 5 years, then they come to the US with the clear A-OK from th BATF. It does not make sense to import only a few at a time. I would bet they have a shipping container or two filled with these things and are gonna spred them out over the next two years. I am not going to buy this round.... but it is tempting.

not to mention all you need is a 7.62x39mm Saiga barrel,bolt carrier and bolt....if they drop to $600 ill probably buy one

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this thread is just hibernating waiting on Ted...

but it's definitely not dead! :)

he is doing a batch of krinks at the moment, one being my '86 Tula :D he said he would try to get the 105 in soon I'm hoping early next year but it's worth the wait.

anyone reading this feel free to ask questions or add any information you may have on the 105 that isn't already posted in this thread, I'll get back to you as soon as I can

Justin

btw I have my fingers crossed on picking up an SGL-31 on 10/10/2010 for cheap :D

this will be the donor rifle for the 105 build since it is Russian, that will make the gun 100% russian (except for the fcg)

JMac:> Have you called them up and asked whats gonna be on sale? The threads in their sub-section do not mention specifics.