My dads bday is coming up. Any cool gadgets or tools or something out there for around $100 that someone could recommend??

Hint: He is into computers and theyre doing alot of rennovation on their house right now..

Thanks,

Brad

Edited by cholly_horse

Sounds like maybe a handy man. Children got myself and their grandfather a channel lock that works like a vise grip. Made by vise grip. Dang handy. Kids usually volunteer to help me with projects. Appreciate that more than a boughten gift. :smoke:

Harbor freight light weight aluminum racing floor jack for his car so he can move the jack around easier?

Bad ass wireless router?

Dinner cruise for him & mom?

Take him out for drinks & say thanks for being a great dad... I love ya pops?

Harbor freight light weight aluminum racing floor jack for his car so he can move the jack around easier?

Bad ass wireless router?

Dinner cruise for him & mom?

+1 on number 4.

The older your parent gets, the harder they are to shop for. Cause let's face it...if they really need it, they probably already have it. Having said that, here are a couple of items that turned out to be pretty big hits:

Rechargeable hand held spotlight

Binoculars (if he's into computers/electronics, get him the ones that have built in digital camera)

Pull behind cart for riding lawn mower (you can usually catch on sale for between $99-129)

Everyone that holds this knife has to have one (BK2). Can't be beat for the quality for the price.

https://www.kabar.com/product/productDetail.do?productNumber=BK2&mode=category&categoryId=1,2,3,7,8,9&categoryName=Military/Tactical

Check Amazon for better pricing.

Yakdung recommended as he owns three KB/Beckers.

Happy trails,

Yakdung

:D

got my dad a mosin nagant for his last birthday, it's in your price range anyway

Hehe, I dont think hes into guns..

mine wasn't either, I think initially the history appealed to him more.. world war II relic and all that.. now he likes guns

yeah agreed on the booze.. cant normally go wrong with that..

also someone I know got some coins online that were from the same year as their dad on ebay or something (wasn't too expensive) but makes a nice desk display... came in a little setup and stuff

Speaking as a fifty year old father I think Paulyski hit the nail on the head with this one.

Take him out for a nice steak dinner and a couple drinks, just the two of you, and spend some time bullshitting

and letting him know you appreciate him.

Can't go wrong.

Take him out for a nice steak dinner and a couple drinks, just the two of you, and spend some time bullshitting

and letting him know you appreciate him.

Can't go wrong.

+1 to the above posts.

1-$100 hooker or 100-$1 hookers.

Personally, I'd opt for two $50 hookers. Or maybe a $75 hooker, and a $25 midget hooker. :lolol:

1-$100 hooker or 100-$1 hookers.

Personally, I'd opt for two $50 hookers. Or maybe a $75 hooker, and a $25 midget hooker. :lolol:

Yeah...

Get the guy herpes for his birthday...

Nothing like a gift that keeps on giving!

Same situation a few years ago. A cool friend suggested a Cardigan sweater. I thought it sounded a little dorky, but it turned out my dad really liked it, and ended up wearing it quite often. Maybe something like that and a nice dinner at a fancy place for the family just to chill and enjoy each others company. Your dad isn't going to last forever, and it is a great experience for you as well. memories to build on. Depending on your budget, get as many family members as you can involved. You will never regret it. Toys are cool and all, but family memories go on forever.