No collapsable stock allowed at the range

Can someone please tell me why Collapsable Stocks are not allowed at ranges? These ranges claim to be members of the NRA. I thought the NRA promoted the use of any and every firearms as long as its legal and used in a safe way.

I am looking for somewhere in West Palm Beach, Port St Lucy area to go shooting without all the darn restrictions. I would even drive to Ft Pierce. Anyone live in Florida around these areas that know of a good place to go shooting without restrictions?

Sounds like whoever runs the ranges in your area and joined the rest of the idiotic ranges that have lost touch with reality. Its a sad situation that is mounting but I come across it every time I go looking for ranges. Stupid rules with not logic or explanation.

say whaatt???

Yeah, you heard right. Its a brand new range out in Okechobee Fla, its a outdoor range. No Collapsable Socks, only solid stocks allowed. Croc of Shit if you ask me.

say whaatt???

Yeah, you heard right. Its a brand new range out in Okechobee Fla, its a outdoor range. No Collapsable Socks, only solid stocks allowed. Croc of Shit if you ask me.

Did you ask why?

Sounds like whoever runs the ranges in your area and joined the rest of the idiotic ranges that have lost touch with reality. Its a sad situation that is mounting but I come across it every time I go looking for ranges. Stupid rules with not logic or explanation.

So I am not the only one experiencing this. I cant belive the NRA allow this.

say whaatt???

Did you ask why?

No, I just dropped the flyer on the table and walked off. He was set up right beside the DEA, BATF table at the Gunshow.

Edited by Sumsky

I lost my faith in the NRA a long time ago, I dont support them either.

I lost my faith in the NRA a long time ago, I dont support them either.

The NRA sold out for CA$H. Thats the bottom line, pad our pockets and we will look the other way.

I assume the range is a "government owned and run" range?

In any event, the rules have to be published.

Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club is only 125 - 150 miles away. We got 3 Gun matches. (I prefer "got" instead of "have".) IDPA IPSC (USPSA), Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays, High Power.. Even CowWboyy. (Got to be careful spelling cowboy, I might offend somebody.)

Seriously, what if you're a Midget and can only shoot a Rifle with a collapsible stock at its shortest setting?? What the heck do the have against Midgets with guns???? Bastards! Discrimination!!

I assume the range is a "government owned and run" range?

In any event, the rules have to be published.

Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club is only 125 - 150 miles away. We got 3 Gun matches. (I prefer "got" instead of "have".) IDPA IPSC (USPSA), Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays, High Power.. Even CowWboyy. (Got to be careful spelling cowboy, I might offend somebody.)

I dont know if its government owned. Port Malabar, have to make note of that, thanks for the info.

Seriously, what if you're a Midget and can only shoot a Rifle with a collapsible stock at its shortest setting?? What the heck do the have against Midgets with guns???? Bastards! Discrimination!!

I agree!

Edited by Sumsky

What a crock of shit.

Well I guess taking a pistol gripped shottie out to test patterning is against the rules too? :unsure: So 80%+ of ARs are banned too?

I really wanna hear their ass'nine reasoning behind this.

Probably be as good as some of the reasoning behind bans on double/triple taps & rapid fire, one shot per three seconds rules bullshit and the likes.

"Double taps and/or rapid fire is inherently unsafe without proper training", yes, I heard that one before.

EDIT: I'd like their name, PH# and website, please & thank you.

Everyone who reads this should call them, inquire about shooting there, rates/ times and what not, then ask about collapsible stocks, express outrage, tell'em they lost your business and to get fucked.

Edited by ChileRelleno

say whaatt???

Do they allow folding stocks, (that are not also collapsible)?

say whaatt???

Do they allow folding stocks, (that are not also collapsible)?

Hey, you could be a Lawyer. They said no collapsable Stocks, there was nothing that said no folding

Then again they did say solid Stocks only. Solid covers folding and collapsable.

They're just gun snobs. They probably like their fine wooden $3K-$5K over-unders and don't want to be out shot by black steel with "plastic" stocks.

Actually, it is probably fear that some idiot will show up, collapse the stock, and fire in the latest uncontrolled Hollywood cool style.

Honestly, it is to keep the accident count on site low. Three weeks ago I saw a man instruct his girlfriend how to fire a 12G pistol grip by sighting along the bbl. She kissed it hard. I then stepped in to clarify what he intended to say.

I am seriously thinking about dropping loads of dirt around my back yard and just cutting loose with all my Guns. Where I live is considered rural, but all these city dwellers moved out here. They would have a shit fit if I did it. 022.gif Fuck the ranges and their rules.

Wow, what a bunch of crap. Seriously, whats with all the range nazi's???

Thats it- I'm buying some land and you're all welcome to come shoot anything you want!

Actually, thats not a bad idea- a publically open range, offer targets and ammo for sale, have a BBQ pit, drinks (non-alcoholic, as booze and guns don't mix lol), maybe even some sort of instructor's corner range... damn, I may be on to something here lol.

We have some rather simple rules at my local range.

1) No .50s, just don't have the range downrange, no berms, just out into the Gulf. Someone was once heard joking about shooting at Shrimping Trawlers.

2) No tracers.

3) Standard hot/cold range rules on the firing line... HOT, stay behind the red line - COLD, weapon safed, bolt open & don't touch it.

4) Don't be a asshat, use common sense/safety rules.

5) Must have range safety card on you & listen to designated Range Officer.

Shoot whatever else you want, as fast as you want, any toys ya want, any stock ya want... Just be safe.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Heres a link to the rules at my range. It is in Lockhart, TX. You can go down the road and get some of the best BBQ in the world. LINK

Oh man, I've heard of this place but never looked into it- I'VE GOT TO GO THERE SOMEDAY! Great rules.

And what's this about BBQ? I'm a BBQ fiend lol.

Sounds like a bunch of gun snobs who inserted a "poison pill" in the rules to keep out the riff raff. I had no idea this kind of stuff went on. I'm starting to feel very lucky about the places I can go shoot around here.