Where did you get your wood furniture?

I'm starting to lean toward the Russian Red furniture. Only problem is that it's $200 plus shipping from England.

ak74_stock_set.jpg

Where did you buy your furniture? Pictures and links are greatly appreciated.

I saw that same website and thought to myself-that's sweet, but I can do better. I just ordered a nice piece of quilted maple $68, bought a router and bits $134, and I have access to saws and mills. I'm going to make a set in transparent green for my S-12, a set of transparent black for my wife's (soon to be purchased) S-5.45 and a set of transparent blue for my (soon to be purchased) S-7.62. I always liked see through paint on guitars, so I'm going to see how it looks on AK's. I'll post pics when I'm done-probably 2 weeks.

I saw that same website and thought to myself-that's sweet, but I can do better. I just ordered a nice piece of quilted maple $68, bought a router and bits $134, and I have access to saws and mills. I'm going to make a set in transparent green for my S-12, a set of transparent black for my wife's (soon to be purchased) S-5.45 and a set of transparent blue for my (soon to be purchased) S-7.62. I always liked see through paint on guitars, so I'm going to see how it looks on AK's. I'll post pics when I'm done-probably 2 weeks.

Awesome. Can't wait to see it.

You could also go with Ironwood designs for about $130 (and its US 922r).

The wait time is a few weeks though BUT when you get it you can pick/make your own color...

Alot of people on here do different and custom colors...

Choice is yours.

You could also go with Ironwood designs for about $130 (and its US 922r).

The wait time is a few weeks though BUT when you get it you can pick/make your own color...

Alot of people on here do different and custom colors...

Choice is yours.

The problem with that is I haven't stained wood since high school woodshop, and I wouldn't want to F it up.

Ironwood Designs furniture is excellent. It comes unfinished but staining and sealing it isn't that difficult. Besides, it leaves your options wide open as to what color and finish you can achieve. They've got every possible style of AK furniture in terms of sling swivels, forearm style, etc, plus lots of wood choices.

The problem with that is I haven't stained wood since high school woodshop, and I wouldn't want to F it up.

Just practice on a couple pieces of scrap wood. 'It's so easy even a caveman could do it.'

caveman.jpg

I wanted something unique at the time and also wanted to give my business to someone here on the forum. He used to be around more often. His handle here is BattleRifleG3 or BRG3. He custom made my set to my specific configuration desires. He is also very reasonable in price.

post-2898-12685975631007_thumb.jpg

This is what I came up with at the time. My wife stained it with MinWax Poly stain. I'm cheap and couldn't afford to have someone else do the work on my gun so I learned everything here on the forum. Now you all can get the bolt on stuff from the many vendors here.

Use the resources we have here on the forum if you can.

nyclu3

Edited by nyclu3
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks you for the post.

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Watch The Switch Online Free

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...