Finding an Extended Mag Release and LRBHO

Hey fellas,

I'm looking for an Extended Mag Release and Last Round Bolt Hold Open.

I've been trying to get ahold of Jeric, because I really like the way his extended mag release would fit with my trigger guard.

If anybody has any info, please get ahold of me.

Thanks.

Hey fellas,

I'm looking for . . . Last Round Bolt Hold Open.

:haha2: . . . . :haha2: . . . . :haha2: . . . . . :haha2: . . . . . . . . . . :nothing:

So what the hell is that about? You got nothing better to do? At least thehopping1 offered some helpful info.

Any idea on how to get ahold of Jeric, anyone? Anybody have any info about him? I know he used to sell them. Do you all know something I don't?

Thanks.

CSS sells an extended mag release but no one is selling a LRBHO yet. Cobra76two is in the slow but steady process of creating one but it might be a while before it is released. Check his section out, there is a stickey all about it.

/thread

There's a good reason Jeric's LRBHO was discontinued. Are you sure you want to permanently modify your shotgun and mags to put a contraption in there that won't work as expected and won't last? If you can find one go ahead. I'm telling you from experience though, I installed several of them myself and it's not worth the effort. I would say the same thing if I didn't have one better I'm trying to market. I'm not going to wait much longer on the person I've been waiting on. There are others who are ready to help me get mine off the ground right now. This is going to be top priority for me now that my cancer is gone and I'm in recovery. Sometime coming up there are supposedly going to be new Saigas coming in with them, so I need to get mine out there for the people who don't have one.

I will preempt the shitstorm.

To anyone here who thinks that designing and bringing a product to market is easy, I have one question:

WTF haven't you brought that product to market yet if its so easy?

I have a brilliant idea that will totally rock the market for a particular Saiga caliber, but upon doing a lot of research I have found that bringing the product to market will be such a pain in the ass that I don't think the profit will justify it. I do have a prototype, and it totally kicks ass, but producing it for market would involve things that rely too much on other people who could care less.

There's a good reason Jeric's LRBHO was discontinued. Are you sure you want to permanently modify your shotgun and mags to put a contraption in there that won't work as expected and won't last? If you can find one go ahead. I'm telling you from experience though, I installed several of them myself and it's not worth the effort. I would say the same thing if I didn't have one better I'm trying to market. I'm not going to wait much longer on the person I've been waiting on. There are others who are ready to help me get mine off the ground right now. This is going to be top priority for me now that my cancer is gone and I'm in recovery. Sometime coming up there are supposedly going to be new Saigas coming in with them, so I need to get mine out there for the people who don't have one.

Cobra, You're smart, if you get a little extra $$$ in the future, get a harbor frieght mill & drill machine.

44991.gif

They're less than $500.00. Between your welder, press & this, you wouldn't be subject to being strung along by procrastinators for your prototypes of various products..

I mean, You're not gonna turn out milled AK receivers with this one, but it's great for small parts like you need made.

Just my .02...

I thought Cobra already has a mill? Either way it would take a long time to mill the 100+ that he will sell the first week or so theses are released. Glad to hear about your good news on the cancer, not so many are that lucky. I'm also glad to hear these are now top priority and am eagerly awaiting as many others are. :super:

Cobra, You're smart, if you get a little extra $$$ in the future, get a harbor frieght mill & drill machine.

44991.gif

They're less than $500.00. Between your welder, press & this, you wouldn't be subject to being strung along by procrastinators for your prototypes of various products..

I mean, You're not gonna turn out milled AK receivers with this one, but it's great for small parts like you need made.

Just my .02...

This is one of the machines we have.

Shop5.jpg

It is a matter of economy of manufacturer.

If these parts had to be manufactured with the equipment we have they would cost over $200 a set due to the time and labor of machining such small and precise parts manually.

If both cobra76two and I spent 16 hour days in the shop just making LRBHOs we would be doing great if we produced a dozen a day between the two of use

These parts need to be stamped out, or laser cut and bent. Go look at the cost of part stamping and laser cutting equipment.

I thought Cobra already has a mill? Either way it would take a long time to mill the 100+ that he will sell the first week or so theses are released.

If one has a mill, they can make & harden a tool out of tool steel. For a small stamped piece, all that's needed is a design, a hardened small tool & a press.

However, I'm likely being presumptuous.

I know being hounded about this topic is a subject of great contention for cobra...

So I'll STFU now. :)

Sorry bro.

[

This is one of the machines we have.

Shop5.jpg

It is a matter of economy of manufacturer.

If these parts had to be manufactured with the equipment we have they would cost over $200 a set due to the time and labor of machining such small and precise parts manually.

If both cobra76two and I spent 16 hour days in the shop just making LRBHOs we would be doing great if we produced a dozen a day between the two of use

These parts need to be stamped out, or laser cut and bent. Go look at the cost of part stamping and laser cutting equipment.

Ohhh.

I really want one of those!

Lucky.

Chances are I am failing to take into account the complexity of design.

I'm having my pops make a simple tool for stamping conical washers for a certain quiet project I someday hope to finance.

I'm likely not taking into account the hardness of your steel thinking you could stamp it out with a 20 ton.

Once again I'll try to STFU on this one & see how the guys like it when you all produce it.

Cobra72two has a tough set of requirements.

1. Toughness: The parts must last the life of the firearm.

2. Reliability: The parts must function within the variance of both the gun and the mags.

3. Production: Can be produced in large enough numbers to meet demand.

4. Price: Parts will be affordable

He also has a set of goals.

1. Universal: Parts work in all Saiga rifles and shotguns with the widest range of magazines.

2. Easy to install: If you can do a pistol grip conversion you can install these parts.

All these requirements and goals come together to require specific steel, machining, and hardening.

Laser cutting using automated machines allows for precision and large scale production.

Die stamping forms the bends in the metal as well as cold working/hardening of the metal.

Heat treating then needs to be done to make the parts durable but not brittle. This means a multi-step process.

Once the parts are cut and stamped they need to be tumbled to remove sharp edges.

Any mistake in the cutting, stamping, heat treating, or even tumbling means you have at least ruined a bunch of parts. At worst it means the multi thousand dollar dies are no good and you'll need to have another set made.

Manufacturing a LRBHO is no less complicated than making a 20 round drum. Ask Mike about that sometime.

Also Cobra is not using $ from pre orders to fund the manufacture of the parts. It is all starting off out of pocket.

I don't even want to get into designing and prototyping the parts, I'll just leave it at, every time you think you got it, some new problem pops up and you have to go back to square one.

Edited by KrisFox

Hey fellas,

I'm looking for . . . Last Round Bolt Hold Open.

:haha2: . . . . :haha2: . . . . :haha2: . . . . . :haha2: . . . . . . . . . . :nothing:

So what the hell is that about? You got nothing better to do? . . . .Do you all know something I don't?

Thanks.

In spite of some folks' opinions, ignorance is not always bliss.

THAT's what that was all about my friend. . . plus, anytime someone brings up LRBHOs for Saigas I can't prevent myself from howling-out in laughter.

(It's either that, or. . . crying out-load and finding the nearest wall to bash my head against.)

Edited by Gary

Ok, point taken.

I can admit that I was totally ignorant of the facts.

If Cobra is telling me Jeric's LRBHO is crap, then I am inclined to believe him, and steer clear of it.

Furthermore, I will wait for what Cobra has in store.

Thanks to all who "learned me up good." I needed it.

Hey everybody! I had an idea. I wonder why nobody has come out with something yet to make the bolt stay open after the last shot is fired, like in my favorite gun the AR-15? This thing is too much like an AK-47.:rolleyes:

What this forum really needs is at least a few threads like this a week, followed by endless discussions about it.....yeah! Awesome!:super: Lets talk talk talk about it some more why don't we. Surely that will make it somehow appear if we keep talking about it.

All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.<snip>

(imagine this continuing for a few pages...ala "The Shining"...)

Hey everybody! I had an idea. I wonder why nobody has come out with something yet to make the bolt stay open after the last shot is fired, like in my favorite gun the AR-15? This thing is too much like an AK-47.:rolleyes:

What this forum really needs is at least a few threads like this a week, followed by endless discussions about it.....yeah! Awesome!:super: Lets talk talk talk about it some more why don't we. Surely that will make it somehow appear if we keep talking about it.

All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy.All talk and no LRBHO makes cobra a dull boy, etc., etc., etc., . . . . . .

Dude, YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF; talk about a self-inflicted wound.

:beaten:

Whatever gary...:rolleyes: kiss my grits! Forgive me being STUPID enough to share with you and everyone else, that I had a great idea I was working on, and had made a working prototype that was very impressive. This was back before Jeric's was even a thought BTW. I almost partnered with him because he was already making and selling a manual BHO, so he had already developed some contacts in cutting out and finishing the parts. He decided to make his own design and sell it when I didn't want to release mine quite yet. I was more concerned with the fact there were more types of mags coming to market and it needed perfected to work with all of them.

So I guess I brought it on my self, and in your sick mind I deserved to be laughed at, ridiculed, and generally treated like shit for it by some. You sir, have lost my respect....I'm sick of your constant badgering.

If you are saying I brought in on myself, BY talking about it, you are full of shit. I have made every effort to NOT talk about it. I HATE talking about it. I have made many attempts to put ALL of the available info in long posts that summarize the whole damned story....including the one stickied in my section, and the one either MikeD or I posted, that's now buried somwhere in his section (if he hasn't deleted it...).

From this point forward....I REFUSE to discuss any aspect of the LRBHO I am working on with anyone. Apparently it is not right for me to do so. I apologize for ever bringing the damned thing up! I will keep on quietly working on it and ignore all questions and talk about it. I will also ask that KrisFox not say another word about it, in public or in private, so please don't ask him either. Enough is enough already.

There are stickies posted with everything you need to know. There are also videos posted showing it in action, another of which we just filmed yesterday, with KrisFox demonstrating the LRBHO working in my black gun with the magwell...which I'll post as my last contribution to this big tease that everyone is apparently tired of. Sorry for putting all that effort into getting the word out!

At the request of one of the mods, I am shortening my above post too. We wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea and think it's ok to "spam the boards" (whatever that's supposed to mean) now would we?

The whole point of my long, drawn out, copy paste, Jack Nicholson impersonation was...look at what a huge waste of bandwidth it is to keep having all this talk about my unfinished project, only slowing progress and "bringing more BS on myself" right gary?

Hey fellas,

I've been trying to get ahold of Jeric, because I really like the way his extended mag release would fit with my trigger guard.

Thanks.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51202&st=0&p=484982&hl=LRBHO&fromsearch=1entry484982

Bring me one back tooooo :angel:

Hey fellas,

Thanks.

Back to your original question, Jerics mag release worked well but it was so simple I can't see that anyone with a vice and a file couldn't make one that worked just as well even if it wasn't as well finished. It it basically just a z shaped piece of metal, about 1/8" thick and maybe 1/2" wide with two holes drilled. You drill corresponding holes in the existing mag release and tap them. Fit tiny socket screws to fix in place (I used epoxy as well). Works great. I bought his LRBHO at the same time and while accepting comments about modding the magazine it works fine for me. An absolute bastard to fit though!!!!.

post-1223-12686407639142_thumb.jpg

Ya know, It would seem that all it would take would be a follower that extended up out of the mag on the last round to hold the bolt back.

In fact, I had a ProMag that acted like that because the follower wasn't molded right.

I bet if someone just made a taller, steel reinforced follower, you'd have your Last Round Bolt Hold Open right there. That's how it works on Yugo 7.62x39 mags....

Ya know, It would seem that all it would take would be a follower that extended up out of the mag on the last round to hold the bolt back.

In fact, I had a ProMag that acted like that because the follower wasn't molded right.

I bet if someone just made a taller, steel reinforced follower, you'd have your Last Round Bolt Hold Open right there. That's how it works on Yugo 7.62x39 mags....

and when you take the mag out.................

and when you take the mag out.................

Valid point. I guess I'm not thinking of people who don't have a magwell.

In my case, it doesn't matter if you have the bolt locked back or not, so a LRBH that can't have the bolt dropped without toucjing the charging handle is kinda useless. With a magwell, mags go in easy whether they're loaded or not - you're still gonna have to rack the bolt to get it loaded.

I'd want something where you can just pull down on the BHO and have the bolt carrier chamber a round. That's where its at.

Cobra has the LRBHO and MikeD has the bolt release. Last I heard anyway.

As for the LRBHO, it's not that hard. Hard to get to market for a regular Joe? Yes. Hard to design? Not really. However, I'm talking about a LRBHO that works souly with the S12 and works with absolutely nothing else.

I'm pretty sure what Cobra is trying to do, is make one that works for every AK system. That, would be freaking difficult. In that case, the time he's taken on it is understandable.