I think im done!

What did you do to put the AK style wood hand guard on the bottom in place of the Saiga hand guard?

That, is a good question.

i took a bolt, ground down the edge facing the gun so it lies flat, took the exising sling mount turned it upside down and used it to engadge the bolt holding it all in place. and to cover up the lip on the handgaurd, and to keep the heat sheild from movibg around soo much, i use a ziptie. it looks like it woukdent work, but it does. so please, noone flame me for it. its steady and solid as a rock.

DC

What did you do to put the AK style wood hand guard on the bottom in place of the Saiga hand guard?

That, is a good question.

i took a bolt, ground down the edge facing the gun so it lies flat, took the exising sling mount turned it upside down and used it to engadge the bolt holding it all in place. and to cover up the lip on the handgaurd, and to keep the heat sheild from movibg around soo much, i use a ziptie. it looks like it woukdent work, but it does. so please, noone flame me for it. its steady and solid as a rock.

DC

Could you please post a few pics of how it is installed? I don't quite get it.

Edit: BTW, very nice looking. I am trying to come up with something similar.

Edited by BolivianAK

Could you please post a few pics of how it is installed? I don't quite get it.

Edit: BTW, very nice looking. I am trying to come up with something similar.

shure, as long as the forum doesn't flame me......ill take some pics.

and just a warning, this idea, that works well, is trail and error and custom for your unique firearm.

PICT0394.jpg

these are all the parts. long srew the size of cleaning rod hole, and short small screw, along with original

sling mounting hardware flipped upside down. you'll se why later. i understand i dont have a sling mount anymore,

but my trap team dosent like slings, so no need.

PICT0396-1.jpg

grind the bolt to fit like so, and put the small screw in through inside the handgaurd to prevent backing out of the screw.

use the sling mount upside down to engage the ungrinded bolt side and tighten the screw till tight. i use ziptie to hold everything tight wile i work.

PICT0398.jpg

PICT0399.jpg

PICT0401.jpg

i know my temporary fix is iffy, but after tweaking this setup is very solid with no wobble

and no failures at all.

PICT0394.jpg

these are all the parts. long srew the size of cleaning rod hole, and short small screw, along with original

sling mounting hardware flipped upside down. you'll se why later. i understand i dont have a sling mount anymore,

but my trap team dosent like slings, so no need.

PICT0396-1.jpg

grind the bolt to fit like so, and put the small screw in through inside the handgaurd to prevent backing out of the screw.

use the sling mount upside down to engage the ungrinded bolt side and tighten the screw till tight. i use ziptie to hold everything tight wile i work.

PICT0398.jpg

PICT0399.jpg

PICT0401.jpg

i know my temporary fix is iffy, but after tweaking this setup is very solid with no wobble

After a lot of shooting, the barrel will get hot enough to make the tie wrap brittle and eventually it will crack. Get a lower HG retainer from either Dinzag or Cobra or you can even fabricate one yourself if you have a welder. Just my humble opinion...

Both rifles look great by the way.

nyclu3

and no failures at all.

After a lot of shooting, the barrel will get hot enough to make the tie wrap brittle and eventually it will crack. Get a lower HG retainer from either Dinzag or Cobra or you can even fabricate one yourself if you have a welder. Just my humble opinion...

Both rifles look great by the way.

i plan to do that in the future. i already have the plans, i just lack the time