Nope, ive shot, fmj,hp and soft point all shot great! No feed problems at all!

Thanks. Tried to buy some from SGammo but had some computer trouble that I will sort out with them for the future. Instead, got 500 rounds of Brown Bear HP ammo for $109 plus shipping from cheaperthandirt. Same price as SGammo actually (+/- $2). That should get me to range for a day! Now just need to save some money for the conversion, some magazines and more ammo.

I never buy from "Cheaper than Dirt" for a few reasons, not the least of which is that they were leading the price-gouging charge right after the Nov '08 "election". Their in-stock basic black box Wolf went up to ~$0.50/rnd overnight. Fuck that lack of business ethics.

Another significant reason is that they usually rape you on the shipping, which makes that "deal" you think you got not so great. I usually order from Cope's Distrubuting. They have a low, flat shipping rate and good prices on ammo.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I never buy from "Cheaper than Dirt" for a few reasons, not the least of which is that they were leading the price-gouging charge right after the Nov '08 "election". Their in-stock basic black box Wolf went up to ~$0.50/rnd overnight. Fuck that lack of business ethics.

Another significant reason is that they usually rape you on the shipping, which makes that "deal" you think you got not so great. I usually order from Cope's Distrubuting. They have a low, flat shipping rate and good prices on ammo.

Thanks for the info. I always google companies to see what gives, and saw a few complaints about the price hike thing. Shipping was $2 more than SGAmmo. I think it was $16 S&H (SGAmmo was $14). But I had trouble getting SGAmmo order to work. Being pretty impatient to get some ammo (new gun... gotta go shoot it!), I went ahead with cheaperthandirt for now. I will check out Cope's today and bookmark it. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I always google companies to see what gives, and saw a few complaints about the price hike thing. Shipping was $2 more than SGAmmo. I think it was $16 S&H (SGAmmo was $14). But I had trouble getting SGAmmo order to work. Being pretty impatient to get some ammo (new gun... gotta go shoot it!), I went ahead with cheaperthandirt for now. I will check out Cope's today and bookmark it. Thanks.

just as a follow up. the order arrived today. super fast shipping. can't complain.

Sgammo has Golden tiger for $199.00 plus $22.00 shipping ....I got some...

What about Hollow Points with a Saiga? Anyone have trouble with them hanging up?

Hollow points in your Saiga are no good... if you already ordered them just ship them to me and I will sacrifice my Saiga in an effort to dispose of them for you :killer:

:haha:

Seriously though, I am pretty sure there is no 7.62x39 ammo in existence that the Saiga won't shoot just fine. My personal favorite are the Silver Bear HP's, cause oranges seem to vaporize on impact :super:

Edited by stix213

I usually use ammo2go for small quanites...200-300 rounds....but they will still beat most others pricewise for 500 or 1000 rounds of something like Brown Bear... which I use and have no problems with. However make sure you check out sportsmans guide. They always try to sell you their club membership and if you buy that (over the phone 24/7) they will give you free shipping and you can get and use their $10 coopons they can beat ammo2go and the others by a good bit...even when you buy the membership. I am beginning to think that membership was a pretty damn good deal. I just ordered 550 rounds of remmington 9mm from them last week because no one could touch the price on that small a quanity.

200-300 rounds at a time? Wow I wish I had that kind of self control...lol

I cant go out shooting without blowing threw at least 300. I just cant seem to stop myself. lol

With 200-300 rounds at a time...the wife doesn't notice. But you're right...that is still only enough for one range trip. lol

If you have to keep your ammo purchases covert, as Scott apparently does, a few hundred rounds is a lot lighter and smaller of a package than, say, 1k rounds. ;)

These days I usually only go through ~60-90 7.62 rounds per range trip.. mostly cause I spend more time shooting my S-12. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I have forced myself to slow down, common problem, my rate of fire and my groups are reflecting it. Not so much when I shoot on the move but that's another set of problems. That your time and keep that 3 second rifleman's cadence going and just relax, keeping a quiet mind is helpful at the range or in most serious situations. Sounding like a freaking Buddhist I know but it helps.

I've ordered from some of the vendors suggested here as well as Cope's Distributing who have non-corrosive Ulyanovsk and Brown Bear 500rd cases for decent prices ($110 and $115) with a flat rate of $7.95 for shipping. I've ordered from them several times and my experiences have been good. It's also the cheapest shipping I've been able to find lately.

If you have to keep your ammo purchases covert, as Scott apparently does, a few hundred rounds is a lot lighter and smaller of a package than, say, 1k rounds. ;)

These days I usually only go through ~60-90 7.62 rounds per range trip.. mostly cause I spend more time shooting my S-12. :D

LOL. Half of what I do that gun, car or xbox related winds up being covert. Explaining why the Fed Ex guy delivered a 16 pound box of ammo (500 rounds) was near impossible though. To a non-gun person that is A LOT of ammo. And explaining that it is for when zombies attack does work well either (note to self). The crappy part is that I really need 200-300 more to go to the range and still maintain some inventory (for the zombies of course, ha, ha, silly to have a gun and no ammo around). The 200 round a pop thing might just slip under the radar.

Also have a Ruger 10/22 that is great for plinking. Talk about cheap ammo. You can't beat that thing for cheap fun.

What about Hollow Points with a Saiga? Anyone have trouble with them hanging up?

i had some hangups with hp's at first. once my bullet guide got broke in no more probs.

i had some hangups with hp's at first. once my bullet guide got broke in no more probs.

Thanks for the info. I am eventually going to get around to the bullet guide. Sounds like it might be worth while to give a new bullet guide just a little sanding on the leading edge.

Thanks for the info. I am eventually going to get around to the bullet guide. Sounds like it might be worth while to give a new bullet guide just a little sanding on the leading edge.

my bg is for the round trunnion. most of the ones i'm seeing lately are the flat bg's and i assume they would not have the same problems with hp ammo because the flat bg is more recessed than the round ones. i don't like the idea of adding any unnatural wear and tear on my rifle but it seems to be the "in thing" for s12's to 7.62's all the way around.