Hi-cap mags for the 20 Gauge

So I understand that at least 2-3 companies are working on production of hi-cap mags for the 20 Gauge. Can anyone with the companies involved provide any info as to when these mags will be available for purchase? Even an estimated date would work. Thanks for your efforts in getting a hi-cap mag for us 20 ga owners. One other question? any idea of how much the mags will sell for?

Edited by The_Vigilante

One of them is forbidden to speak until they pony up some money. (rules of the forum).

The other should have had their prototype in. So he is likely to give an update when he knows.

I can't say for sure as work only restarted this weekend on mine, I had something else come in that needed to be finished so it got postponed.

I'd say its safe to say you have a month or better. Every product made for saigas has a issue or two in final testing mostly related to fitting the varying guns from many years of production.

• 3 weeks later...

I think not having these mags out sooner really hurt the market for the S20. I most likely would have owned one already if factory made high cap mags were available.

Very true, IMO the S20 has been kept out of competition shooting because of the mag issue. I would love to run one in 3-gun and shotgun matches.

Well we are moving forward with our 5s and 8s if your interested. I have a 6 round that feeds better then the factory right now, the 8s should work the same just need to make the steel sheets a little longer. They work with 2 3/4 shells only which could be a annoyance for some of the recoil addicts out there.

Also looking into maybe making a 3-0 mag for migratory bird hunting. Idea is that it will hold 3 rounds but will not seat on a closed bolt, giving you the ability to reload to full capacity from empty.

Our main reasoning on making the 2 3/4 inch mags was that the ammo is cheaper, which is always a selling point in my mind. And there are a couple options for 3 inch mag currently.

We will likely make 3 inch mags some time down the road, right now we are trying to keep it simple. Make something that works well and fills a area of the market. I'll leave the 10+ mags to someone else, I don't want that headache.

• 2 months later...

I own both 2 /34 and 3 inch factory 8 round mags for my s20. The 2 3/4" mags get WAY more face time. In terms of pure profit, that's where the money is at. The factory already produces 3 inch 2 shot mags for the 20 gauge, though only one supplier I am aware of stocks them in the US right now. They cost anywhere from 35-45 bucks per 2 shot mag so if you can make a 2 shot mag for cheaper than that, that'd be great. The 3 shot would be allright, but those of us without a BHO would be kinda SOL until we just took the time to go make the modification.

I would be in for the 5 round mags if they can be offered cheaper than the factory 5 round mags. If not, I'll probably stick with the factory mags. The 8 round mags seriously interest me, though.

the 8 round mags csspecs is prototyping look beautiful, I saw those and decided to look into getting an S-20. They look like the east german weiger .223 mags I have that work so well, scaled up. IMHO the 12ga mags are awkward-large, so with a steel 8 rounder, 20 ga. is looking pretty good.

the 8 round mags csspecs is prototyping look beautiful, I saw those and decided to look into getting an S-20. They look like the east german weiger .223 mags I have that work so well, scaled up. IMHO the 12ga mags are awkward-large, so with a steel 8 rounder, 20 ga. is looking pretty good.

I agree. The 12 ga mags only practical use is 3-gun, or range blasting. The 8 rd 20ga looks to be still suited for home defense.