I got a 5lb box from PROMAG today....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I see the follow-up thread to this one disappeared.

Lemme guess...........it turned into a festering shit-storm and was canned. There's a shocker.

+1

y'all want it back???

stinky.jpg

Lemme guess...........it turned into a festering shit-storm and was canned. There's a shocker.

+1

y'all want it back???

stinky.jpg

While that thread did deteriorate into a massive $hitstorm, there was a lot of good info on the new p-mag drums and drum mags in general. Mike D posted some interesting engineering info on his evaluation of the p-mag compared to his own MD-20 (the steel inserts), and others weighed in.

Aside from the obvious entertainment value, there was a lot of info there that people should be able to refer to. I say restore the thread :super:

I will be really fucking pissed if this thread gets locked down like the last one...I took my time and my money to make the last thread and this thread for the saiga12 guys and its thrown away..........thanks..........015.gif I feel that the small amount of time I have been on this board I have done some good posting and hell I even give away some really nice stuff for free because I do not need it and its the nice thing to do, Like or dislike PPOMAGS...I do not care....I was given something for free to test out and I did....I own alot of stuff from the dealers on this form and they know it..love it or hate it is fine with me but start your own thread dont shit in mine....

Thanks, Slug-O

I appriciate your time and effort, and hope that people realize that it's about respect for the poster as much or more than the product. you took the time and effort to do a review. Unless others have first hand experience with this product, then let's keep the junk to a minimum.

caspian

I will be really fucking pissed if this thread gets locked down like the last one...I took my time and my money to make the last thread and this thread for the saiga12 guys and its thrown away..........thanks..........015.gif I feel that the small amount of time I have been on this board I have done some good posting and hell I even give away some really nice stuff for free because I do not need it and its the nice thing to do, Like or dislike PPOMAGS...I do not care....I was given something for free to test out and I did....I own alot of stuff from the dealers on this form and they know it..love it or hate it is fine with me but start your own thread dont shit in mine....

Thanks, Slug-O

I'll salvage what i can later and repost.... wasn't gonna pick through it at 2 am.. and it was only gonna get worse...

It got to the point that the thread was no longer about Saigas (drums or otherwise) at all.....

and if this thread deteriorates, I'll start throwing people out on their ear (or have admin do it)... business members or otherwise....

Thanks, Slug-O

I'll salvage what i can later and repost.... wasn't gonna pick through it at 2 am.. and it was only gonna get worse...

It got to the point that the thread was no longer about Saigas (drums or otherwise) at all.....

and if this thread deteriorates, I'll start throwing people out on their ear (or have admin do it)... business members or otherwise....

thank you.

. . . and it was only gonna get worse. . . It got to the point that the thread was no longer about Saigas (drums or otherwise) at all.....

But then again, my ex said I should have sought mental counseling.

:grimace:

Edited by Gary

Slug-O's not the ONLY one who feels cheated here, and spent a lot of his personal time and money on gathering info to share with the members of this forum, whether all of them appreciated it and wanted to hear it or not. I had over a hundred bucks in it myself, and a full days worth of effort that got chucked because of pure unprofessionalism. I posted pictures from all angles so the members could look and compare the new product with what they are already familiar with, along with video of it in use. The only other way anyone was going to get the chance to see that was if they went out and bought the new drum, or ordered it online, and then held the two side by side on their time...and their dime.

The thread only went to shit because some people decided it should be a full blown drum comparison thread. That was not my intent, and it sure wasn't the OP's intent for the thread to be anything other than a review of this particular PROMAG drum, or both of them actually. I suggest that anyone who wants to compare the two to start their own thread for that purpose and have a little respect for our time and effort spent sharing our own hands on experience with the Promag drums.

What about the "Merge Posts" option Juggs, in Moderation Controls? Won't that allow you to move entire posts from the doomed thread over to this one? That would allow the good informative parts of it to be restored without all the negativity and bullshit that ruined it. Maybe some of the other guys on staff could lend a hand with that so he doesn't have to waste any more time on it.

Thanks for the videos, got to see possibly the most badass gun on the forum in action. That tax stamp is almost worth that muzzle flash alone. I'm thinking hard about that 12 round drum. I didn't realize it was that compact. Also, thanks for linking your video to that cute little thing in the MAA video too!

+1

y'all want it back???

stinky.jpg

Only the useful posts.

I don't care to see the cock-measuring that I'm sure went on (I missed it. Last I saw, it was civil. I go to work, come back, check for the thread in the morning......and it's gone).

EDIT: I see that you brought back the thread's useful content in GD. I didn't see it before I made this post. Good on you, Juggs. You have more patience than me.

(BTW, Slug-O. I love your gun. Love seeing the pics all the time, and now this vid. Is it gay that another man's S12 gives me a boner? :chris: )

Edited by -Shooter-

What about the "Merge Posts" option Juggs, in Moderation Controls? Won't that allow you to move entire posts from the doomed thread over to this one? That would allow the good informative parts of it to be restored without all the negativity and bullshit that ruined it. Maybe some of the other guys on staff could lend a hand with that so he doesn't have to waste any more time on it.

Don't make a mess & then tell people how they should clean it up.....

Here is the link....

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51989&st=0&p=485757entry485757

I didn't MAKE the damned mess! I was participating in a perfectly good and peaceful thread until you sat there and watched mike come in and troll the hell out of it, culminating in personal attacks....AGAIN. I see you were also kind enough to leave all that irrelevant BS in there in your repost as well. Great job!:deadhorse:

I didn't MAKE the damned mess! I was participating in a perfectly good and peaceful thread until you sat there and watched mike come in and troll the hell out of it, culminating in personal attacks....AGAIN. I see you were also kind enough to leave all that irrelevant BS in there in your repost as well. Great job!:deadhorse:

Thanks! It's just part of the job.... Glad you approve! (I was Soooo worried about that!!)

I did it like that because I'm lazy, malicious and incompetent....

Stay on topic!

People should appreciate information about other products. I myself do not own any Promag mags of any kind, but found the information that I read useful. I know alot of people don't like Promag, but Slug-O was just tring to share some information about his new purchase.

Best post I've seen in this thread lately.

And so was Cobra.......unfortunately there are some people on this forum with huge personal problems they can't deal with so they like attacking others to make themselves feel all warm and fuzzy.....I could have posted videos and pics from my trip to Fort Walker and some fool would have to start shit with me over it. I don't know what happened to the free flow of info we used to enjoy, where someone could get something new for their Saiga, be excited about it, and come here to share it with people? I can only think of one company who makes Saiga parts, who has screwed up enough around here to be barred from even having any of their products or services discussed on the forums. They manufacture door stops BTW...hint hint....Last I saw, Promag was just another company who makes mags...some shitty ones and some that I've used with no problems in my Saiga rifles. Seems to me it should be a good thing if someone like me wanted to "waste" that much money ($85 plus tax) on this drum almost nobody else here would have bought, just to try it and see it it would run in my S-12. It may fly apart in a million pieces one day (doubtful), but for right now it is running like a raped ape.

Seems to me it should be a good thing if someone like me wanted to "waste" that much money ($85 plus tax) on this drum almost nobody else here would have bought, just to try it and see it it would run in my S-12. It may fly apart in a million pieces one day (doubtful), but for right now it is running like a raped ape.

Hey snake were did you find one for $85.00 ?? The one's on the Pro Mag web page are $103.00, I respect all that Mike D and all the others have done for this hobby of ours but I just gotta have one of those 12 rounders after your comments and $85.00 is better than $103.00 if they still got em.

Hey snake were did you find one for $85.00 ?? The one's on the Pro Mag web page are $103.00, I respect all that Mike D and all the others have done for this hobby of ours but I just gotta have one of those 12 rounders after your comments and $85.00 is better than $103.00 if they still got em.

I've been looking around for them too. Twelve rounds is a perfect size, and you can carry around reloads in BDU pockets easily (as compared to the 20, which is a bit too unwieldy).

If you look around online, they are listing for $60ish, but no one has them in stock yet. I would bet that once pro mag starts shipping to their distributors, the prices may even come down (on the 12-rounders) into the $50's.

And thanks to everyone who had positive contributions to this thread. I don't own and promags and am less-than-impressed with what i've heard about their stick mags. With that said, I am going to be buying a few 12-rounders for my toys.

I was just going into my local gun shop/ pawn shop with a friend who was pawning a couple of guns. Low and behold, there was this big stack of Promag 20s on the floor. I don't know how he managed to get such an early shipment but he told me he had already sold a bunch of them because most everyone he sold one to had come back to buy more after testing them out. That was good enough reason for me to spend some cash on one to try. He actually had them priced at $89.95 but gave me a good deal because he knows I'm a good customer and will send others his way. He also offered to ship it back to Promag himself if I was not 100% satisfied.

I could have very easily done like someone accused me of, and went hunting for "free stuff". All I would have had to do was place a call to Promag, tell them who I was, talked to a certain person there, and I could have gotten free samples sent here for me to test and review here on the forum. Instead though, I chose to reach into my pocket, even though I really couldn't afford it at the time...and get the full experience of buying this drum like the average consumer, not having any idea whether it would work or not, or whether they would honor their warranty or not (though I'm sure they would, especially for a dealer who is selling so many of them), and go out to take "first glimpse" photos and video to share with all who wanted to see them....good or bad, working or not....

Regardless of how the majority of people here seem to feel about them and the company, it's news. If it was a brand new folding stock, or new AK HG adaption system, or whatever...I would have done it the same way. It's sad that some people have to try and make more out of it than what it is.

The money I used to buy my Promag drum, came straight from Saiga-12 forum members, as customers of Cobra's Customs, so I'm giving back to them (and the rest of the community, including dealers) by sharing REAL information on a new product on the market....not conjecture and negativity, spewed by narrow minded people who for their own reasons, whatever they may be, would not dare risk their own money. Someone has to be the one to go forward and test the waters, without fear.

+ 1 to cobra for daring to make up his own mind. yeah promag has some shitty products and they should be justly crucified for those offenses, but if this product just so happens to be decent, people have a right to know. btw if mike was getting antsy enough to drop his drum prices by 50% then you can probably make the logical assumption that his main reason for doing so (promag drums) posed a real live threat to his undisputed ( if you dont count AA) reign in the s12 drum industry. though mike d is certainly the man in my book, im gettin" one of them twelve rounders. :super:

Edited by scattergunner

Something's been bugging me...why hasn't anyone patented the drum-mag design for the saiga?

I know MD put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into his drum, which was the first functional one for this platform. Based on the uniqueness, it's clearly eligible for a patent (or was, before all the other models started to hit the market). What gives?

So what, we're repressing information on here now? The chairman has spoken!

um... no... just squashing dick measuring contest !:rolleyes:

What was taken out had NOTHING to do with drums.....

I HAVE been known to shut down non con ads, chex mix coupons an Chinese knife spam links from time to time :devil:

Apparently, Men are :wet_eyes: about what was left in.... not what got taken out!

Hey snake your buddy with the guns shop have a e-mail addy you could share ? Or a shop phone would be even better if you could pass it along. PM with the info if you don't think posting the info would be a good idea. Also if a forum supporter could get on the ball fast enough I would rather buy from one of them...at $85.00 or less of course rolleyes.gif

Something's been bugging me...why hasn't anyone patented the drum-mag design for the saiga?

I know MD put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into his drum, which was the first functional one for this platform. Based on the uniqueness, it's clearly eligible for a patent (or was, before all the other models started to hit the market). What gives?

The spring loaded gear drive used for feeding rimmed rounds.

SOF%20Mag%20June%202005%20-%20AA12%20Shotgun%20-%20L.%20James%20Sullivan%20%28Jim%20Sullivan%29_1.jpg

The AA-12 has been eating from a gear drive drum since the late 80's.

For the same amount of time ProMag has been using a curved feed ramp and dummy round in its 22LR Drum.

With the hundreds of thousands of dollars that Mike invested in producing the MD-20 it would make sense to pay a patent office a few hundred dollars to check, submit and protect your rights as a product inventor.

Not doing that would be just plain dumb.

The only logical conclusion is there is nothing in the design of 12 ga drums of this style that is patentable.