Been converted for a wwek or so now, tromix fcg installed. I keep getting random misfires and yesterday it did it so i chambered it again and it fired? They seem to be dented on the primer good but maybe its not enough, what should i look into? I notice it more when im bump firing it and its happened about 5 times in 200 rounds!

Edited by eric1785

If you are getting solid hits on the primer, maybe it's just old/bad ammo.

This thread has some images of light and correct primer strikes:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=50985

Edit: Sorry for the S-12 info in the x39 forum...... must have been half asleep.

Edited by Spartacus

Well at first i was using yugo surplus and it did it a couple time, yesterday i went and bought some wolf hp"s and out of 60 it did it again? But after i put it in for a 2nd time it went off? I noticed it looked like a light strike on it when i pulled it out, maybe it has something to do with bump firing? This pisses me off though i had 1 out of 1k before the conversion now i get about 5 every 100 or so!

Edited by eric1785

I dont think i did anything wrong, works 95% of the time but thats not good enough. No one else on here has had a similar problem? What can i look for? Im going to pull the firing pin out tonight and clean it and install with no oil, it seemed to be moving freely yesterday but ill give it a shot, ive read else where some guy took his spring and put it over a dowelrod and bent it more so it would be tighter, anyone done this before?

No upgraded springs just a tromix fcg, both the legs are still on the trigger. Will the factory saiga hammer still work with the tromix fcg? I could try that i noticed the face of the hammer where it hits the firing pin isnt flat but i dont know why it works just fine then all of a sudden click! Fuuuuuuuu lol ak"s just dont do this shit!

No it shot perfect before and bump fired fine, come to think of it i think the last 2 times it did it was when i bumped fired a few rounds. Last night i held the trigger down and pulled the bolt back and went forward and the hammer is not following it back up, has anyone had hammer spring problems? Thats about all i can think of but it seems just as tensioned as before.

The hammer should not follow it up. It should catch by the other hook then need pressed again to fire. That is a proper working order. Is your firing pin clean and able to move back and forth by lightly shaking the bolt?

Sorry I gave you an S-12 thread reference in the x39 section..... wasn't paying attention I guess. :rolleyes:

I go along with what the guys have said here..... check the firing pin and channel for oil/dirt.

Did you bend up the mainspring at all when you did the conversion?

I don't remember if Saiga is putting BHO's in their x39's, but did it come with one and did you leave it out in the conversion?

(any side to side slop on the hammer?)

If the geometry and motion of the FCG look ok (alignment and no binding, etc.) then it would have to be a weak mainspring.

Edit: Wanted to add that I have heard of guys with the Ruger Mini-30 having this issue. The x39 ammo uses hard primers (allows for free floating pins) and will have FTFire with light primer strikes.

Edited by Spartacus

Have you tried reinstalling the FCG? If you take it out, check your spring to see if it got bent incorrectly during install. Maybe if you can post a pic for others to review the spring on the hammer. The factory spring should have sufficient force to fire any primer, mil-spec or not. If your FCG is working properly, the only other thing I think it could be is the firing pin.

Try adding some weight to the stock, if it bump fired before the conversion, most likely the harmonics changed and occasionally when bump-firing after the conversion, the firing pin may be going forward in sync with the gun, subtracting from the differential speed between the firing pin and primer, and reducing the impact to the point of click instead of BOOM!

It came with a bho but i left it out, thats one of the first things i noticed was the side to side place but the face of the hammer is always contacting the firing pin, i shot 60 more out if it yesterday with no bump firing it didnt miss a lick, any chance the hammer might fallow the bolt closed while bump firing?

It came with a bho but i left it out, thats one of the first things i noticed was the side to side place but the face of the hammer is always contacting the firing pin, i shot 60 more out if it yesterday with no bump firing it didnt miss a lick, any chance the hammer might fallow the bolt closed while bump firing?

I bet that's the problem.

So you didn't put a washer in place of the BHO plate?

If not, that needs to be fixed. The hammer should not have any large side to side slop.

I could see that being hard on the firing pin if it's taking glancing blows from the hammer.

the bho is a pita (my dogs mane also ) after allot of cussing and beer the dental floss trick works best for me and i really like the bho on the range. as a note i did the rsa fcg and love the 4 lb pull but,,,, i did adjust it wrong the first time and had to have a gunsmith show me what i i did wrong. and when i adjust the pistol grip screw it changes my fcg settings. i was getting triple taps and had a few 10 round full autos before i figured i better get help. bottom line get help at some point we all need it. allot of good info here but some times you have to bite the bullet and get a pro. the up side is now i understand the whole operation and can do it my self from now on. good luck