Got a new mojo rear sight for my 7.62x39 and I am loving it

I came up with a stripe alignment idea that I plan on using. The rear aperature works like a ghost ring for faster shooting or with the stripes lined up and touching on front and rear becomes finely tuned for more precise aiming. The front post tip has been narrowed to about 0.015 and at 100 yards appears to barely cover a 3 inch wood beam. If I recall, the original post tip(5 times wider) covered my paper target at 100 yards. The mojo sight with the original post helped me tighten up my groups. Now with the thinner front post, I think its going to

help even more. Man I love this sighting device. :super::super::super::super::super:

69dyxi.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

Only problem Ive seen on the micro-click sights is "flop" where recoil throws the sight upwards and drift in the sight adjustments. I sent it back for their simpler AK sight and it works ok but no range adjustment since it doesn't use the slider. Still have it anyone wants to buy it.

Now their Mosin snap sight is a real wonder.

Edited by Rhodes1968

How hard was the install? Is it bolt in or does it require modifications?

Very easy it took 2 minutes. No mods required. Old site slides out and new site slides in.

Watch the 5th video down the list. Its that easy to change the rear site. I highly recommend using

a hard wood stick to push out.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-template/Videos-and-Links/Page

Edited by my762buzz

Only problem Ive seen on the micro-click sights is "flop" where recoil throws the sight upwards and drift in the sight adjustments. I sent it back for their simpler AK sight and it works ok but no range adjustment since it doesn't use the slider. Still have it anyone wants to buy it.

The site stuck upward when recoil shoved the gun back? Was it on a saiga?

Locktite on the threads fixes the drift part. Recoil flopping the site up would be a major concern but your the first I have read of

having this happen.

Locktite on the threads fixes the drift part. Recoil flopping the site up would be a major concern but your the first I have read of

having this happen.

They were nice about giving me the option to use the AKM sight and refund the difference. Seen a couple do this but may me the spring on rsb is worn or needs bending a bit.

having this happen.

Yeah was to me also but perhaps the rear sb spring on my Saiga needed bending, tried it and it improved but not fixed. Nice folks though they let me go to the AKM sight with a small refund.

Yeah was to me also but perhaps the rear sb spring on my Saiga needed bending, tried it and it improved but not fixed. Nice folks though they let me go to the AKM sight with a small refund.

Ok, you got me curious. Did you ever bake on any paint onto this same saiga in an oven and how hot was the temp?

Ok, you got me curious. Did you ever bake on any paint onto this same saiga in an oven and how hot was the temp?

Nope I dont go in for looks too much so never touched the paint. I did find out after changing sights It a good idea to make sure its seated as firmly as possible by prying up on the rear of the sight carefully once its installed, didnt help with the mc just something I noticed. May just have been my rifle I just didnt feel like taking a polish bit to the sight in case I wanted to return it. I have since found some replacement sights do need a bit of polish to fit properly.

dang, i want one. where'd ya get it?

http://www.mojosights.com/

I am returning the micro click version and getting the shorter standard version without the click wheel.

The shorter version worked fine on two other rifles.

WebAKSPromo.jpg

thanks, i think im gonna go with the original one too, i hardly ever shoot past 100yrds and if i do, i plan on getting some optics soon anyway.