I got a call today while eating lunch at the shop with my wife from the security company, they told me that the basement entrance door was in alarm, then 15 seconds later said that the entrance door to the kitchen went into alarm. I threw the phone at my wife and told her to handle the call, FLEW home, slide up the driveway and find the basement door kicked open. Talk about an ass puckered up when I went in with my gun drawn, had to search the basement then go up stairs, but all clear. Evidently, when the fuck opened the door to go into the kitchen, the siren went off, and he/they ran. Needless to say I had to repair the basement door, and deal with the sheriff, they where cool as hell. But the best part about it is that the alarm system worked as it should have. The picture that I am posting is just 1 frame from camera #3, the rest have been turned over to the po po. So if anyone has doubts about alarm systems, and if they work, THEY WORK. The original file was a bitmap, but I made it a jpeg and the file size got reduced a bunch.

post-2650-12687863658293_thumb.jpg

That sucks!

As you say though, good thing the siren scared off the shitbag.

Hopefully nothing is missing, the damage is bad enough.

So is it the white vehicle or the Jeep that doesn't belong there at the house?

Edited by Spartacus

There are always those people that say you should never try to clear your home and you should wait until the Police get there. I know my home well and have cleared it plenty as my alarm likes to go off for no apparent reason, a few times a year. I treat every time like it is "go time". I'm like you, I'm not waiting for anything, the home will get cleared immediately. The door getting damaged sucks, but at least you aren't telling us that they made off with you babies (weapons, lol). Good shot, chalk one up for the good guys.

The white car in the picture is the assholes car. That was the last frame of the video when he was just pulling up beside the garage doors. When he kicked the basement door in and tripped the alarm, it switched to the camera upstairs in the living room. The jeep is my CJ out in the yard, property goes about another 100 ft past where the jeep is. Got the door fixed and reinforced some, The wife didn't sleep a wink and kept me awake most of the night. Funny as hell how the thugs all the sudden stopped running up and down the road right after this happened, and it's been quite as a church mouse today. I'm going to have another camera installed in the basement looking straight at both garage doors and the entrance door. Also getting another and larger safe to store EVERYTHING in.

I clear my own house too. I have had issues with strong thunderstorms blowing open my garage door and tripping my alarm. But you never know. My system pages me on my phone to let me know the alarm is going off. Happened 4 times in 10 years. I usually fly home and see what is up and I am ALWAYS armed and I KNOW how to use it. So it's no problem for me to clear my home.

Glad to hear they were no injuries, and no property is missing.

One thing I have to ask, though...........in any of the places you know they made it to inside...was there anything of value in plain sight? In other words, is there anything they might have seen before they split, that they might be willing to come back and take? Just something to keep in mind.

Hopefully they smartened up. At least enough to not try your house again.

About the only thing in sight from the door they opened at the top of the stairs was my laptop on the bar, and a 1/2 gallon of crown on the kitchen counter. The grandkids had been over on Sunday, so all the "toys" that I play with where stowed away, either crammed into the safe, or in the bedroom closet. Alarm company will be out on Tuesday to install another camera, this time inside the basement, and do some reprogramming on the system.

Nothing worse than having your home broke into. I believe it's the male equivalent of feeling "raped", esp. if they get a bunch of your stuff and you never get it returned. You get so pissed, but have no one to direct your rage at. It can really work you over, if you let it. Glad you had a system, and glad it worked.