Anyone have one on here??

Will suppliers also offer me discounts on accessories?? (can anyone send me a link to wholesalers that do please)

I know its not a Class 1. But, the ability to buy Mosin Nagants, Mausers, Makarovs and more also appeals.

I know its for Collecting only and not selling also.. No worries there folks..

Going to read up more on it. I applied when I lived in NJ 009.gif but they said NJ you cannot have one without all the Class 1 caveats... (aka alarms, zoning, yada). Now I'm in PA and it looks like a good idea.

I have a business and name already in use (security) and may just encompass this into it or roll out it out by itself.

I'm thinking separate LLC for this venture.. Have to read the application again and see if I can put an LLC on it..

I have plans for this and just need some FFL tips/suggestions etc...

Suppliers that you guys/gals deal with that will give COST to C&R FFL's (like Class 1 dealers) on accessories would be a great help.

Can't go into complete details as of yet.. I'm working on it.. Still working on finding a Class 1 to deal with also for other things... 000.gif (anyone in my area that has a Class 1 feel free to PM me also)..

Edited by YWHIC

I did find out Midway and Centerfire offer discounts so far... Anyone know WHOLESALERS/DISTRIBUTORS???

Looking for direct sources per se for some ATI (for the MN 91/30 stocks) or Tapco rifle/scope mounts, etc..

Does this allow me to ship out stuff (firearms) via the US Postal Service like a Class 1??? I read yes in 1 spot..

Yeah I have one. Though I moved and applied for an amended one (address change) and it never came back. Assholes.

I couldn't get them to kick down any discounts, but you can write them all letters and they'll send you catalogs for life. The big discount is not having to pay $10-$20 for the transfer.

Shane

I've got one, it expires next February, my collection has grown considerably.

Brownells & Midway USA offer discounts for all FFL holders, not sure of others, maybe Sportsmans Guide, but I don't do business with them any more. Brownells will actually give you a considerable discount on many items.

C&R holders are NOT to do business with their license, period. Businesses/organizations can hold C&R licenses (if I recall correctly), in special cases, such as museums and um .. other museums. If the ATF finds out you're doing business, they'll get out the ass-raping-stick and make you their bitch. If you want to be in the firearms business, get an FFL01 or FFL02, don't fuck around, unless the ass-raping-stick sounds appealing.

Per mailing firearms, the rules don't change, because you're not a firearms dealer. Never send a handgun via USPS, if you're an FFL03 holder, yes, even C&R guns.

Frankly, you don't need an FFL to be a dealer of firearms parts, why not just send Tapco (or whoever) your business information and find out if you can become a dealer?

You CAN save a bit of money with an FFL, however the margins in this business are so razor thin, it often isn't much. Still, in this economy every bit helps!

Good luck!

vbrtrm.. I would go FFL01 but I don't have everything I need at my location/house.

Long story but I don't have an alarm system here (and relative I live with WON'T get one).

I figure to expand my collection of older stuff and possibly get discounts on 'general' firearms accessories.

The C&R will also shall I say 'build my reputation' to help further other ventures and dealings with other FFL 1 holders, whom then may allow me to help them with 'pet projects'. Hell I may suggest a few to them.. 027.gif

I would like to also sell parts and accessories and like Waffen said 'every bit helps'.

vbrtrm.. I would go FFL01 but I don't have everything I need at my location/house.

Long story but I don't have an alarm system here (and relative I live with WON'T get one).

I figure to expand my collection of older stuff and possibly get discounts on 'general' firearms accessories.

The C&R will also shall I say 'build my reputation' to help further other ventures and dealings with other FFL 1 holders, whom then may allow me to help them with 'pet projects'. Hell I may suggest a few to them.. 027.gif

I would like to also sell parts and accessories and like Waffen said 'every bit helps'.

Cool, just be very careful that you keep your LLC and FFL03 matters separate, you seem like a good guy, I'd rather not see some post saying "going to club fed" from you :) I run a sole proprietorship, which has absolutely nothing to do with firearms matters, once you start crossing that line the ATF may get very interested in your business. Be sure to keep your C&R Bound book up to date and be safe!

Honestly, having a 03 license probably isn't going to help build a business reputation. When a dealer/distributor sees that you have a 03 license they see a customer who may be looking for discounts, when they see a business license they see potential revenue through someone who wants to sell their merchandise.

vbrtrm... I hear you on that.. Got my business name & Sales, & Tax ID, and website domain all setup.

Working on items to stock as we speak. Going with some AR, and AK stuff too, 10/22, mags, ammo, etc.. (basically whatever I think may sell). Working on flat rate with Fed X Ground also and using USPS w/tracking..

The FFL03 is for me only. Looking for an FFL01/07 that I can 'help' maybe repair stuff with/for.

Keep you all posted on the FFL03 status as it plays out..