DeyArmigeddon has BEGUN

I finished the test fit of my gun today and took it out to the woods for a test fire. It worked pretty good, had to play with the Gun Fixers gas plugand by the third mag is was cycling pretty good with low brass. I'm going to the range this weekend to really break it in with a couple hundred rounds.

I'm really happy with the feel and look of my gun. It was very easy to shoot so I'm sure the mid barrel comp, muzzle porting and Mako Butt Stock had a lot to do with that.

Here are some preliminary images, I still have to do the final paint once I know it's running good.

RaceGun05.jpg

RaceGun07.jpg

Very nice looking. Is that the Surefire or AGP magwell? I ask because I have the Surefire one and have been unable to get the 5 round mags to either lock in place or feed correctly. I can get it to lock in place with the front tab shaved down, but the feed angle is wrong.

How'd you do it, pics if possible, or is the 5 rounder jus for the pics?

Thanks

Eric

Looks great, Boba! :up:

That's a lonnnnng boomstick with the current muzzle brake installed. I'm sure the recoil is pretty mild with the mid-barrel comp and porting, though.

I'm glad you abandoned the bullpup idea; I'm not a fan of bullpups unless they were designed from the start that way.

That's a lonnnnng boomstick with the current muzzle brake

No, it isn't...the gas system is moved back. The barrel is 18 at the "adjustable" part of the Savage choke system (at the muzzle end of the slots) ;)

Alex

Very nice looking. Is that the Surefire or AGP magwell? I ask because I have the Surefire one and have been unable to get the 5 round mags to either lock in place or feed correctly. I can get it to lock in place with the front tab shaved down, but the feed angle is wrong.

How'd you do it, pics if possible, or is the 5 rounder jus for the pics?

Thanks

Eric

I have a Surefire magwell. I haven't tried the 5 rounder yet so now I'm kind of worried.

I'll post about this once I do some more test shooting this week end.

Even with the shortened gas system the FAG is at the edge of being to far BUT it works great with the stock fully collapsed and give me excellent control over the gun.

the 5 rounders feed correctly in my agp magwell

I wonder if the AGP magwell is slightly longer (from back of magwell (buttstock side) to the front (bbl side)) and that's why the 5s don't sit up at the correct feed angle?

I say this because in order to get an AGP to fit in my Surefire magwell I had to remove the top most srews on front and back that hold the 2 mag body halves together.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. If the AGP magwell is longer then the 5s would be more likely to slip out of correct feed angle.

Fuck it.

What did you have to do to the 5s to get them to work?

Thanks

Eric

Edited by towerofpower93

I wonder if the AGP magwell is slightly longer (from back of magwell (buttstock side) to the front (bbl side)) and that's why the 5s don't sit up at the correct feed angle?

I say this because in order to get an AGP to fit in my Surefire magwell I had to remove the top most srews on front and back that hold the 2 mag body halves together.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. If the AGP magwell is longer then the 5s would be more likely to slip out of correct feed angle.

Fuck it.

Thanks

Eric

just shave and test fit the front lip, just as i did the 10 rounders

Fuck it.

Thanks

Eric

just shave and test fit the front lip, just as i did the 10 rounders

I did that with the 5s but it would either not drop freely, will not stay in or maintain correct feed angle.

Guess I'll have to try again.

Thanks

Eric