Now what do I do with the original 10rd magazine?

Now that I've modified the magazine catch to work with 30 round magazines, the original 10 round magazine is not as firmly seated as it was (duh!). Is the now somewhat loose original 10 round magazine just as reliable after the catch mod or is it going to be a problem? If its reliability has been altered by the catch mod, can you "thicken" the underside of it to make it fit better in the new configuration? Or is the 10 rounder just a necessary casualty of the restoration process?

"Slowly it(read: the restoration) turned,... step by step,... inch by inch."

Funny I modded my mag release and my 10 round still clicks and holds firm...

Oh it clicks and locks just fine, but the rear now has play in it. Maybe an 1/8 inch or so. If you push up on the back of the 10 rounder, you can see the play. Best I can tell, the 10 rounder now sits about 1/8 inch low in the back. Just was wondering if that would cause a problem.

Mine still accepts the factory 10 and it feeds fine. Is it as tight as it was before I did the filing for regular AK mags? No, but it's not a performance issue. It still performs fine.

But like Klassy said, I know it can be annoying.