Point me in the right direction please (Conversion)

Ok, I have done a bunch of reading here and see mixed reviews for everything.

I have a 223 Saiga coming brand new. I want to convert it to a pistol grip etc (AK47)

Being in California, the only difference is that I need a bullet button and 10rd mag. No big deal as I can get that no problem.

I was looking around the K-Var site and see their items and approx prices. What I want to replace is the Furniture set blk poly. Then the Hammer, Single Catch Trigger and Disconnector.

These items will put me 922 compliant assuming I read everything correctly.

Do you recommend different brand parts other than Arsenal? What other parts do you think should be changed out? I like the idea on a BHO.

Thanks

Ok, I have done a bunch of reading here and see mixed reviews for everything.

I have a 223 Saiga coming brand new. I want to convert it to a pistol grip etc (AK47)

Being in California, the only difference is that I need a bullet button and 10rd mag. No big deal as I can get that no problem.

I was looking around the K-Var site and see their items and approx prices. What I want to replace is the Furniture set blk poly. Then the Hammer, Single Catch Trigger and Disconnector.

These items will put me 922 compliant assuming I read everything correctly.

Do you recommend different brand parts other than Arsenal? What other parts do you think should be changed out? I like the idea on a BHO.

Thanks

You have the basics pretty much covered and the only thing I see you missed is the PG nut. You might want to can the spring that holds the trigger group and get the shepards crook from one of the vendors here.

PG = pistol grip. You need the special nut for the screw. http://dpharms.com/ak47-kits-c-22.html

Suggest reading this before you start if you haven't already: Saiga conversion tutorial (OK, so this is old - ancient history, don't let the use of end mill bits and such disuade you - not neccesary at all) - watching this conversion video right now and it seems good so far...

I just cut the "tail" off of the trigger guard that came on mine - and bent it in a little - to fit.

Here's a pic of mine:

4395368828_69004ecf99.jpg

Edited by O.S.O.K.

thanks for the links. I have already seen that video and going to work it from there.

Well so far this is what I am getting

Tapco G2 FCG Single Hook

KVAR Poly furniture set (4 pieces) Do I need to buy a new gas tube and lower handguard retainer?

From dinzagarms

Trigger guard with screws etc

PG Nut and Screw

Hitch Pin Clip (In place of the Shepherd's Crook?)

Does anyone here know where I can get a wood furniture set for this rifle? Kind of want to go wood instead of the poly.

Edited by AlliedArmory

PG = pistol grip. You need the special nut for the screw. http://dpharms.com/ak47-kits-c-22.html

Suggest reading this before you start if you haven't already: Saiga conversion tutorial (OK, so this is old - ancient history, don't let the use of end mill bits and such disuade you - not neccesary at all) - watching this conversion video right now and it seems good so far...

I just cut the "tail" off of the trigger guard that came on mine - and bent it in a little - to fit.

Here's a pic of mine:

4395368828_69004ecf99.jpg

I seem to recall seeing that paint job on another site... Threeper?

Glad to see other patriots here.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the links. I have already seen that video and going to work it from there.

Well so far this is what I am getting

Tapco G2 FCG Single Hook

KVAR Poly furniture set (4 pieces) Do I need to buy a new gas tube and lower handguard retainer?

From dinzagarms

Trigger guard with screws etc

PG Nut and Screw

Hitch Pin Clip (In place of the Shepherd's Crook?)

Does anyone here know where I can get a wood furniture set for this rifle? Kind of want to go wood instead of the poly.

You won't need a PG nut if you're using the new Dinzag trigger guard. In the past, many of us had to cut a square hole in the reciever for the PG nut which was a bitch. The new trigger guards, Dinzag, Tromix, Tac47, AK Builder all have the PG nut built into the trigger guard so you can avoid cutting the PG hole. Also, if you can pop for a few extra bucks, get the retaining plate. It makes things a whole lot easier if you use the plate instead.

s12tg.jpg

http://www.dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/convkit.html

http://www.dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/akretp.html