I'm wanting to get a pistol grip along with an adjustable stock but really dont want to convert. I've read all the negatives but has anybody used the t6 and been happy with it? Also, and I'm sure I'll get shit for this but if I only shoot deep in the woods and not at a range do you really think if I encounter a ranger he will know by looking at my 7.62 that I'm not in compliance?

At first I thought you just wanted feed back on the T6 stock.....if you are asking for feed back on "is it ok to not be compliant" I think you are right. You will probably get a lot of shit for this one.

I would highly suggest you not risk being non compliant. You will lose your fire arm and get in a lot more trouble than just being told you are not compliant.

And yes it is pretty easy to tell if you are compliant or not from the eyes of anyone who has a clue about compliance.

If you want a PG grip that bad you wont have to spend a terrible amount of more money to do it right and not risk going to JAIL. Also you can be compliant with out converting if you use USA mags only. But you are very limited.

I really just wanted feedback on the t6 but fig I'd throw that question out there too. I have 1 surefire and 3 hung. mags and I know the t6 will put me close with the surefire but i plan on using them all. So i guess my real question is if the t6 is really that uncomfortable to shoot?

Well, it's not that the T6 is really that bad at all in fact a lot of people like that stock and t he SAW grip they are quality low priced options. What they mean when they say they don't like it, is that the bolt on stocks don't really "convert" your gun to anything. A regular conversion gives you a much, much better trigger, and also restores the original balance to the rifle where the grip is supposed to be. The bolt on ones just keep the weird balance and don't give the better trigger. I really think you should look more into doing a regular conversion. When it comes down to it, it's really just 2 pins and 3 rivets standing in between you and one hell of a nice rifle. There's a good video on vimeo.com (search: Saiga Conversion) and myself and lots of people here would be more than happy to help if you run into trouble. Hell, there's a lot of people on here who live near each other and I've even seen guys work on their guns together in person or loan tools etc. that they met on saiga forums.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

The Tapco T6 Intrafuse - combined collapsible buttstock & PG, and the Tapco T6 standard collapsible buttstock, are decent low priced choices for those on a budget.

They have their pros/cons.

I used a standard T6 on my initial conversion, it served well, not the greatest, I didn't like the angle on it, nor it's aesthetics. But it served my satisfactorily for almost a year.

Plenty of people have used the 'Tapco T6 Intrafuse' and been happy with it.

As already stated, the real concern isn't the buttstock, but rather the non-conversion and the retention of the most undesirable aspects of the import model.

That is to say, a shitty trigger, as shitty as shitty gets, and poor balance.

Why?... Why would anyone even remotely risk the chance of a infraction which could possibly end their legally exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights?

And post their intention in a Public forum. :unsure:

Edited by ChileRelleno

Yeah, OP, you need to be specific as to which "T6" you're talking about.

The standard T6 is just a butt stock (no pistol grip or anything else). Nothing wrong with these, so long as you keep in mind how much you spent.

The T6 Intrafuse is the stock I believe you're referring to (the no-mods stock). These are "double dippers". You may start out with one, but you'll end up paying for another stock set (and converting) after you discover how much this one sucks.

I've got one on my S-12 from before and now after the conversion, and it's not terrible. I replaced the saw grip with a Hogue. I'm waiting on my curly maple lumber to show up in the mail and I'm going to make a nice wood set. The adjustable stock only serves the purpose of making the gun smaller for transportation since I only shoot it at the same setting for repeatability. These guys are correct about the trigger-night and day, and also if you don't intend to convert for whatever reason, get a new fore grip and gas puck and stick to U.S. mags. I hate to see good people become criminals for breaking stupid laws.

i had a t-6 and now have a modified t-6 on my s12

as it comes from tapco the thing would pinch my cheek, it would piss me off....i took it off

i shot a few ars with 4 pos stocks and it seemed to fit better than the 6 pos of the t-6

i chopped about an ninch off my t6 tube and installed a 4 pos.....

its great, it was cheap, and now i get to laugh when my buddies try to adjust it...shotgun one hand, butt stock body in the other lol, but it works great for me now.

922r Compliance:

It's the law! I don't break it, I don't recommend anyone break it and I will tell you not to! As simple as that. If you knew the penalty for breaking it, I think you would not even ask such a question.

:sadam:

Edited by Fluid Power

First off: Thanks all for the t6 input. Second: I havent broke the law nor do I intend to do so. If you would of read the post correctly my question is do you think someone like a forest ranger would know the difference between a convereted and unconverted?