Trigger and Hunting

I like to have all the parts for a conversion on hand before doing any work...Also, because of weather and illness I havent had a chance yet to pattern my S-12. Im going to be using one of Cobras EXCELLENT choke adapters which will allow me to use one of my "xtra full" turkey chokes.

I am ninety percent sure I can do this but thought I would ask the question...Am I missing a problem I might have if i install a G-2 and move it forward, but leave everything else bone stock? I know I can hunt with it as is, but if the S12 trigger is as crappy as my 223 was, Id really like to replace it before turkey season.

You're going to need a forward grip also. No way can you reach the forward location trigger with the factory sporter stock horn grip.

What hobbyshooter means is that you'll need to just go ahead and do a basic conversion. The "forward grip" he refers to is actually the standard pistol grip.

Hobby and Nalioth..Thanks guys. I hadnt thought about the change in grip. My son has got to deer hunt with me some the last few years, but this will be the first spring gobbler season he has been able to come to camp and hunt with me...I want to let him use my "old faithful" Ive used the last twenty or so years. This S12 will eventually be totally redone..including rust blued..to be my primary HD gun. Who knows..if this works out I may have an excuse for yet another S-12..Thanks again.