cid_8D1D2D9314FA46CEB394212837AC53B.jpg

Dog For Sale

Free to good home. Excellent guard dog.

Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more drug pushers, thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

Most of them knew him as 'Holy S***!.'

One year for Christmas, when I was a little kid, I got a stuffed dog that was at least that big or bigger compared to me. I've loved dogs ever since. I'd give anything (except the food bill) for a dog that big today. That would ROCK!, And, now that I think about it, the biggest dog I've ever seen was a Rottweiller at a vet in Houston. It's head was damn near the size of a horses head, and it was sitting on its haunches, almost three 1/2 foot tall. it looked pure evil, kickass cool.

Edited by BronCobraJet

CaneCorsoSecurity.jpg

This dog is Satan incarnate.

100_0710.jpg

Got 8 pitbull (boxer mix?) puppies now. Maybe this one will get that big.

I dont think they will get that big the one the op posted looks like an english mastive they are any where from 150-250 lbs mabie if the mix adds up the weight from both of em it might get that big :devil:

Mastiffs are BEAST. I want one so bad, but it'll have to wait, because 1) They're expensive if you get them from a reputable breeder, and 2) My house is WAY too small for something so big :lolol: .

I'm not sure if the pic in the OP is legit, but I've seen it a few times before. It's possible, I guess. My mom's friend breeds and shows Mastiffs. My sister's fiance's Aunt also breeds them. You'd think I could get a pretty slick deal, wouldn't ya?.............nope :cryss: . I took these pics off of their FaceBook pages (and professionally edited them. I have skills, huh?). Check 'em out.

Pic 1 - Giant Mastiff head next to my mom's friend.

Pic 2 - Two giant Mastiffs laying with her husband.

Pic 3 - Fourteen purebred Mastiff puppies from my sister's fiance's Aunt's latest "matchmaking". Do you know what that is? That's a furry pile of $28,000 (well, technically $26,000, as the guy who supplied the "stud" to breed with get's 1 pup as payment for his dog's services).....that's $2K per pup, for you mathematically challenged :lolol: . I'm in the wrong business! :eek: Pretty bad-ass that they all came out brindle, too. My favorite color in a dog.

post-5916-12690774978693_thumb.jpg

post-5916-12690775094702_thumb.jpg

post-5916-12690775184212_thumb.jpg

cid_8D1D2D9314FA46CEB394212837AC53B.jpg

Dog For Sale

Free to good home. Excellent guard dog.

Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more drug pushers, thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

Most of them knew him as 'Holy S***!.'

thats a beautiful dog wish had the room and money to afford him

The music group 3 Dog Night (one is the Lonliest number, Black and White (jerimiah was a bullfrog), Mama told me not to come, Joy To The World) got it's name from an old Austrailian Outback saying. If it was a cool night, you only needed one dog to keep warm, if it was chillier, 2 dogs. If it was stinking COLD out, it was a 3 dog night. Holy god, those Mastiffs could rewrite history on that one! They are very cool dogs.

The music group 3 Dog Night (one is the Lonliest number, Black and White (jerimiah was a bullfrog), Mama told me not to come, Joy To The World) got it's name from an old Austrailian Outback saying. If it was a cool night, you only needed one dog to keep warm, if it was chillier, 2 dogs. If it was stinking COLD out, it was a 3 dog night. Holy god, those Mastiffs could rewrite history on that one! They are very cool dogs.

I thought the name came from some Eskimos, but I don't know for sure.

On a side note, I'd only get a dog from a shelter. I definitely love a big, good looking dog, but I just couldn't justify paying money for a dog (which would more than likely have some sort of inherent breed oriented health problem), when there are tons of dogs in shelters that need homes. We had a golden retriever when I was growing up, Duffy was a great dog, but his hips started going bad when he got older. After he died we got a mutt that is half golden retriever, and half something black that could climb a 6 foot fence. She's 14 years old now, and still gets around alright.

I am curious, what is a life span of a mastiff? I had a Chow/Collie mix (all chow looking) that lived 16 years, and currently have a black lab/austrian shepard mix that is 18 1/2 years old. I've had a lab that only lasted 5 years also. I like the longer living big dogs, but nature prevails. I've been lucky on a couple of them. I tend to get attatched.