has anyone used ironwood furniture

Sweet, so any handguard for a stamped reciever should work?? Sounds like I better get my order in soon. :)

Check out the furniture these guys got from another part of the site. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51829

I'm going to make my own, and if it's not too much of a pain in the ass, I might make more to sell at a reasonable price as a hobby. I'm making a transparent green set for my S-12, then transparent black for a 7.62. I'm also using curly and tiger maple because it's my favorite wood.

Aside from IWD, there is also forum member BattleRifleG3. Looks like he mostly communicates through email these days. I'm not sure if he is still doing stocks or what, it's not a full time job for him.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=9471

He does (or did?) wood sets in a wider variety than what is listed on IWD's website, but I have a feeling that you could probably get something not listed on IWD if you're willing to pay the right price.

• 6 months later...

I was very happy with my Ironwood handguard. He helped me pick out the proper wood type to stain and match the Sporter stock from the factory for my 7.62x39. It looks very clean

These days I'm doing wood for Saigas either unconverted or rear end conversions only, and sending people who want AK front ends to Ironwood.