.308 Steel Mags

I got an email from One Source Tactical about the new steel .308 Saiga mags they sell. The description does not give a manufacturer and I have not heard about the reliability and quality of these. Anyone have any input or experience with these mags? I would love to have steel mags instead of plastic for my S308. Here is the link:

<Link Removed>

Edited by Nailbomb
Link to Non-Buisness member Removed

Looks like a csspecs magazine.

On a side note, I think its funny how one source tactical takes a s swipe at the 'plasticky' magazines in the .308 market, but wants to try to sell me a plastic AK magazine for $40, when I can get surplus metal magazines for $10.

Looks like a csspecs magazine.

On a side note, I think its funny how one source tactical takes a s swipe at the 'plasticky' magazines in the .308 market, but wants to try to sell me a plastic AK magazine for $40, when I can get surplus metal magazines for $10.

or circle 10's for 24.99 :up:

Yep wise choice of model number :rolleyes:

He has been testing a pair of them for a while.

Its come a long way since my first ones. The new mags being built right now are pretty much within .005 in every area that matters. New welding equipment I just got makes almost perfect looking welds every time, they look just like a auto body weld and have no little grind spots where we had to remove the sharp spots.

PS I was under the impression that the US palms had metal mesh in them.. I could be wrong.

Yep wise choice of model number :rolleyes:

He has been testing a pair of them for a while.

Its come a long way since my first ones. The new mags being built right now are pretty much within .005 in every area that matters. New welding equipment I just got makes almost perfect looking welds every time, they look just like a auto body weld and have no little grind spots where we had to remove the sharp spots.

PS I was under the impression that the US palms had metal mesh in them.. I could be wrong.

They do have a metal mesh in them, just no metal reinforced feed lips. Which is the deal killer for many. If they were significantly cheaper it would be one thing, but at the current price point I'll take a Circle 10.