Promag .223 mags

having no mag is better than having a promag.

Would you mind elaborating? With the exception of the built in bullet guide on the promag, I haven't seen 1 post of anyone having problems with promag magazines. And that can be corrected by either snapping it off and using a bullet guide like the one offered by Dinzag; or cutting/filing down the promag bullet guide by about 1/8" and then it works fine. I have 5 promag magazines in my saiga .223 that probably have close to 500 rounds through them now, and I have no problems at all. So, if you've got some 1st hand information about the magazines, that don't have to do with the bullet guide, I'm sure people would be interested.

having no mag is better than having a promag.

Would you mind elaborating? With the exception of the built in bullet guide on the promag, I haven't seen 1 post of anyone having problems with promag magazines. And that can be corrected by either snapping it off and using a bullet guide like the one offered by Dinzag; or cutting/filing down the promag bullet guide by about 1/8" and then it works fine. I have 5 promag magazines in my saiga .223 that probably have close to 500 rounds through them now, and I have no problems at all. So, if you've got some 1st hand information about the magazines, that don't have to do with the bullet guide, I'm sure people would be interested.

I bought mine off of GB, it included one Surefire and two Promags, although they came in original package, both had the tabs broken off.I assumed I would have to add a bullet guide, both feed flawlessly without a bullet guide.I dont have one of them Promags that broke the tab off, but it seems the follower may have been changed as my cartridges sit about 1/16" higher then the surefire.They go into the chamber without touching anything, smooth as silk.Will try to take pics of the Surefire and Promag side by side to illustrate, later today.

I don't much care if the mags are surefire or promag, I just need to know whether to convert the gun for use with bulgy mags or stick with Saiga mags. I'm leaning towards bulgy mags for the cool factor right now, but it's a little more spendy and time consuming.

The "Conversion" that you're talking about to use bulgy magazines is the EXACT same thing you need to do to make promag magazines work flawlessly. "INSTALL A DINZAG BULLET GUIDE". You need this to make the bulgy mags work. Once the dinzag is installed, you can make promags work perfectly by spending 2.3 seconds of your life snapping off the magazine tab. So you're comparing two things that need the same intervention. The surefire mags on the other hand won't work, as is, if you put the dinzag bullet guide in.

Okay, that sounds like a plan to me then if I can run both. I see Dinzag has two BG's listed on his site. Which one do I need to get? There's a curved one and a flat one... I read thru the instructional PDF on which one to get but I'm not sure what to look for in the rifle to decide which one will work.

Breech your gun open, then look at the chamber where the bullet will slide into the barrel. Below that; the part that would be closest to the ground: NOT LEFT, NOT RIGHT, NOT UP: BUT DOWN!!!!. Is it FLAT or is it CURVED. The bullet guide rests on this, so you need curved bullet guide if the base is curved; or you need flat, (LIKE MOST), if the base in front of the chamber is flat.

Aha! That's the info I need. I'll take the rifle down when I'm done with my history thesis and we'll see what needs to be done on it. I want to get this up and running before obummer causes a civil war from all this new legislation he's forcing thru the house with his goon squad.

Honestly I'm not so concerned about the drop test, but thats good to know :super:

I just ordered a BG from Dinzag and hopefully it'll show up soon so I can do my BG work over the easter holiday. I just want the rifle to survive the apocalypse with me ;) Lord knows we're headed there by the time people realize how bad the political waters are.