Do it yourself SBR

Re-doing a gas system is above my skill level and current tooling. Figured a pistol conversion would be the easiest way to build a AK SBR. I'm really excited that the sheriff where I live signs forms 1s so now I'm have all sorts of ideas for things I want to build. Any one have recommendations on what AK pistol to use? All I've found so far is the Dracos. Are there any other pistols out there? I'm looking to build a SBR I can through in my truck and forget about, that and to go scare small children at the range.

I would suggest the Draco/Champion pistols. They are basically unfinished (no fun switch or butt stock) Romanian submachine guns.

Any other "AK pistol" is going to be made from a cut up parts kit, and if the builder didn't do a good job with it, the gas system can be problematic (not to mention other potential issues).

I know this is a form of necroposting but I couldn't resist trumping the board Yoda. Its not a submachine gun as it fires x39. I would be if it fired say Combloc 9x18 or 7.62x25. :haha:

Edited by 690gr
  • Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't trying to school you buddy, a lot of my posts are intended for the larger audience.

I know this is a form of necroposting but I couldn't resist trumping the board Yoda. Its not a submachine gun as it fires x39. I would be if it fired say Combloc 9x18 or 7.62x25.

Posted Images