To the range w/my Slug Gun

I couldn't go out of town, so I ended up at the local range. I brought Winchester XP3 3" for ammo, and they only let me fire 5 rounds. However they were fired into a thick blue plastic drum filled with water. I didn't get to shoot for accuracy or anything of that sort yet, but fun was covered. The Tromix has a shocking ammount of power, felt great, cycled smooth etc. So, the shake down went well, but I will put it through the paces not this weekend but the following.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll try to go this weekend again to post pics. The XP3 3" worked the best by far, and I found every 3" worked better than it's 2 3/4 counter part. The Hornady 2 3/4 sadly performed the worst with every shot looking like a flyer. I think the 3" do better because they engage closer to the rifling allow the sabot to be more quickly supported. The second best group was with Remmington AccuTip it held 5 shot groups at 100m ranging from 2" to 3", but spead much more at the end of the range @ 250m. At that range I made consistant center mass shots, but the group was large. All shots were made using nightforce optics seated with sand bags.

I also for comparison fired my Remmington 1100 12 gauge with a rifled barrel w/ a 1:36" twist. Barrel is not perm attached and 26" long.

The tromix has a perm attached 1:20" twist barrel. The tromix barrel is 16" long.

The tromix had the Remmington 1100 hands down, and out preformed it at every range I tried. By far the most accurate Shotgun with a fully rifled barrel I have ever fired!!!

Any questions ask I tried damn near every brand and type of sabot slug. I was truly blown away by the accuracy of this shotgun. Tony the rail is perfect the only problem is there is not enough room to run a PVS-27 w/ the nightforce, and my poor PVS-14 just wouldn't take the recoil lol; so I have to wear my damn head gear lol. I can't believe how you were able to align the rail so well and make the dust cover as tight as you did. Amazing truly amazing!!!

Thomas