Foam Tube for Ace Skeleton Stock?

Hey all, I'm in the process of converting my Saiga-12 and am about to buy a stock which i think ill be going with the 7.5" Ace skeleton stock and put a 1" recoil pad on it, I was wondering if the stock is comfortable and do any of the foam tube covers on the Ace stocks website work on this stock? Or have any of you tried any kind of foam tube that works on the stock with modification? Mostly just want it cause i think it will look nice and be comfortable in addition to being comfortable if i shoot in winter so that my stock isn't freezing when i put my face on it. Thanks! I Love this forum

Hey all, I'm in the process of converting my Saiga-12 and am about to buy a stock which i think ill be going with the 7.5" Ace skeleton stock and put a 1" recoil pad on it, I was wondering if the stock is comfortable and do any of the foam tube covers on the Ace stocks website work on this stock? Or have any of you tried any kind of foam tube that works on the stock with modification? Mostly just want it cause i think it will look nice and be comfortable in addition to being comfortable if i shoot in winter so that my stock isn't freezing when i put my face on it. Thanks! I Love this forum

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=75_77&products_id=190 If you mean this stock, I think it is a good choice. I have the longer Ace stock on my AR and I love it but it too long for the Saiga. The foam overtube makes it very comfortable to shoot. You will need some kind of adaper block to attach it to an AK or Saiga. R&R has one that works well and there are other choices from forum dealers here.

Doug

post-22191-12694411358175_thumb.jpg

I don't think that you can put the Ace foam overtube on that stock its only on the AR stocks. I think the tube diameter is smaller on the AK stocks than the AR stocks. You could put some pipe insulation foam on the tube, it is available in different diameters.

Doug

I guess you mean this stock:

AKFX(S).FSM.jpg

So I would say just go with the Ace cheek riser:

CR.jpg

Although I've never tried it, I've always thought that a cut-down motocross crossbar pad would work for this.

Check out DSA arms site. Use the pad/cheek rest on all my Ace/FnFal para stock weapons. Photos are on their folding stock weapons to give you idea. :smoke: Run around $25. Just ordered another with some parts a couple weeks ago. SA58 tactical section has the item on weapons. Ace stock is based on FnFal para. Also show other folder/pad options on weapons.

Edited by Ruffian72

I wrapped mine with 3/16" black bungee cord. (had to super glue some of the winds to themselves at the end)

I also drilled holes in the 1" pad, but that's a story for another day. :rolleyes:

DSCN3020.jpg

Edited by one2za

Yeah I mean this one: AKFX(S).FSM.jpg

Some interesting info here, anyone else? How would that Ace Cheek riser feel if i don't plan on putting a red dot or anything on this shotgun? would it put my line of sight up too high for the iron sights?

Ruffian72 was this the one you were referring to on the DSA site? Looks like an option to me.

http://www.dsarms.com/Customizable-ITC-Railrest-for-all-FAL-Para-----CR140A/productinfo/CR140A/

Edited by exterminator87

Send an email to ACE, you can buy the foam for about $4, they'll need to know which stock you have. It will require knocking the pins out to get the foam on. I've used it before but I found wrapping the stock with paracord works better, for me anyway ...