Debunking the Tapco INTRAFUSE Saiga T6 Stock MYTH!

Okay so I originally bought the Tapco T6 stock for my S7.62 to ease myself into modification of the weapon. It is a great stock and comes with a great pistol grip to boot. I originally planned on doing the conversion and I HAVE! I read a few topics that mentioned using the T6 pistol grip once the trigger conversion is done. A few people said it could be done once you hack and dremel and saw and glue and make special modification THEN you can use it. Ha at first this scared me thinking 'Great now I have to buy another pistol grip plus the pistol grip nut to boot!'. But I am a tinker-er ha so I examined the pistol grip and my rifle hole and saw that the T6 grip doesn't line up with the factory pistol grip hole but does with a rectangular hole right behind it that housed the old trigger group.

So I went down to my local hardware store and picked up a bolt, washer and nut that was the same size as the original screw that came with the stock. I ratcheted into place tight and it was snug and ready to rock. Now I noticed it can move about a quarter inch side to side until it hits the trigger guard if you force it to, so i cut a small sliver of metal (actually off the old floor plate that hid the pistol grip holes and trigger holes ha ha) and JB welded it to the small notches on the pistol grip that touch the trigger guard. Now it is rock solid and I don't see myself even needing to go off and spend another $30+ for virtually the same pistol grip (I was going to buy another saw style pistol grip).

So in closing if you own a Dremel (which if you don't and did the conversion yourself you are awesome ha) and originally bought T6 stock from tapco you can reuse the original pistol grip with NO modifications just go buy the proper nut/bolt/washer set and you're ready to rock. If anyone would like pictures or more info let me know and I'd be glad to post them.

Edited by Chasser

:031: So... What the fuck did you debunk? What myth? :unsure:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=47361

"I think I've seen info on this before but can't find the thread(s). I have a Saiga 7.62 and S-12 which I have not begun to convert. I also have 2 Tapco Intrafuse T6 Colapsable Stocks with Saw pistol grips that do not require moving the FCG forward. I would like to do a conversion and move the FCGs forward on both the 7.62 and the S-12, replacing the trigger groups with a single hook G2. Can I adapt the Tapco Saw Pistol Grips to work with these conversion or do I need to get new ones?? An answer or a redirect to threads with the info would be appreciated. Thanks" From armed rebut

"I thought I remember reading that the PG's on the T6 stocks mounted differently than regular AK SAW grips. But I don't remember if there was a way to mod it to work.

Also, speaking of the S12 specifically......unless you're going to cut your own PG hole, you're going to need a PG nut/trigger guard (like Tromix's DIY). The Tromix was designed for the SAW (although other grips will fit with some work), but again, the T6's SAW grip supposedly mounts differently than a regular SAW grip.

If you find out that you can't use the T6's SAW grip, then put the whole set up for sale. You could probably just sell them off and out the money towards parts for a real conversion." From -Shooter-

So as you can see in this topic from the link (and from many various scattered informants on this forum) the "myth" is that in order to use the T6 stock pistol grip you would need to modify the pistol grip or your rifle after your conversion. This is false. So this is what the "fuck I debunked".

I am merely explaining to other users that if they do purchase the T6 stock/pistol grip set they can still use all the parts if they do decide to do the conversion later down the road and not have to purchase any new parts. Just trying to save some people some heart ache and money.

Edited by Chasser
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'd like to know more. I have a T6 on mine and I'm about to convert. I'm going to reuse the stock PG if possible. Could you post pix or at least a list of what size parts you used, and the piece you made? thanks.

hey icefire,i did my coversion and used the existing tapco t6 stock and grip.i did order the tapco bolt and nut from css,but only ended up using the square nut.the bolt ends up being too long,so i just used a shorter bolt.i noticed it was still a little loose;it would twist from side to side;so i added another bolt from the reciever down through the handle and used a washer and nut.now this thing is very solid.i also ordered a new trigger guard;with the bolt and nuts from css;and the only noticable thing i saw was that the grip doesn`t go into the trigger guard part way like it used to.i not sure if it is the pistol grip or trigger guard at fault,but it doesn`t look too bad and everything works great!i`am sending you a picture!hopr this helps.

post-24030-12713651332982_thumb.jpg

I did something similar to bob, but I completely mangled the inside of my PG to seat against the trigger guard and had to add washers to the inside of the PG to make up the difference. I still wasn't happy with it and bought a new PG. Don't do what I did and start hacking the inside of the PG just buy a new one for $18, and sell your buttstock and PG to a newb that will eventually do the same thing we did? Doesn't really make to much sense after you think about it. The time you are going to spend F@cking with the grip to make it right is not less than $18. Everybody needs to live and learn.