CTR stock, Limbsaver, razor, super glue.....it works!!!&#3

As you all know I like to do new things... I got a CTR stock but kicked the living shit out of me with no recoil pad. I ordered a grind to fit Limb saver pad and cut off the back of the pad and attached it to the CTR stock with super glue...WOW do not get that stuff on your fingers or you are on trouble!!!!! then I used some RVT silicone to clean up the sides and now I have what you see on the photos.....035.gif

DSCF2740.jpg

DSCF2742.jpg

DSCF2741.jpg

DSCF2744.jpg

DSCF2745.jpg

SLug-O

You may have not known but limbsaver has come out with a snap on limbsaver recoil pad that fits all AR-stocks. I have one on the way and will post pictures once it gets here. I am sure yours will make a huge difference on your shoulder.

You may have not known but limbsaver has come out with a snap on limbsaver recoil pad that fits all AR-stocks. I have one on the way and will post pictures once it gets here. I am sure yours will make a huge difference on your shoulder.

:o

Hey Ninerider where did you get the AR Limbsaver from ? I've looked all over town and that model is nowhere to be found .

Thanks, Archangel

Just call Limbsaver, I think it was $35.00 + shipping which seems like a good deal to me.

I have Romy sodefolders on both of my S12s and they are punishing after about the first 100 rounds of use in a session. I have been considering a pad of some sort. Are the Limbsaver pads very effective on an S12? Do they work better than the pad that comes on an EMOD? I have some of the EMOD pads laying around. Not trying to hijack, it just seemed like a good opportunity to ask.

Slug O,

Let us know how well it works and what loads you test it with.

Emod pads ? I have a limbsaver on my s-12 and it makes a huge difference usualy after about 250 rounds I gota stop shooting usualy with my shoulder but shoot a good 400 rounds the outher day no problems no jacked up pain slugs buckshot alot of bird shoot at skeet :killer:

I have Romy sodefolders on both of my S12s and they are punishing after about the first 100 rounds of use in a session. I have been considering a pad of some sort. Are the Limbsaver pads very effective on an S12? Do they work better than the pad that comes on an EMOD? I have some of the EMOD pads laying around. Not trying to hijack, it just seemed like a good opportunity to ask.

Slug O,

A limb saver works so good I would call it a night and day differance... They are that good!!!

Called Limbsaver today to find out where my recoil pad is since it has been about ten days ago that I ordered it, the nice lady asks whats your last name and then she says....oh...well it hasn't shipped yet. It seems that they don't have a mold for the AR pads just yet and they are being made by hand one at a time. She said it should go out today or Monday at the latest. You can bet I will call Tuesday just to check. Damn I really need this damn pad, we put about 250 rounds through the S12 today and the shoulder is pretty sore!

Limbsavers website reads like an infomercial. What the hell is an X ring http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/products/firearms/xring_ecosafe_gun_oil.php#sharp

All I can gather from the site is that it works in either direction and something about a bear?

I am sure they are nice pads but the hype on the site makes it look like snake oil.

LoL the X ring is basicly a device that slides onto your barrel while shooting to remove some of the barrel whip as most rifles have long thin barrels they are not as resistant to barrel whip so they came up with a device that reduces this wich will give you a tighter group better accuracy I have used limbsavers products on bow,s for a while now and so far every product they have come up with has been either as good as they described or better so if they say it will improve it I would pretty much have to go along with it from past experience with the rest of there products just my .02

Magpul also makes a thicker than normal pad. Not nearly as thick as the limbsaver, but much thicker than the standard CTR pad.

Yeah I have one of the Magpuls on an AR, it is just thicker hard plastic. The pad on my CAA stock is really thick but it may as well be concrete in my opinion.

Limbsavers website reads like an infomercial. What the hell is an X ring http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/products/firearms/xring_ecosafe_gun_oil.php#sharp

All I can gather from the site is that it works in either direction and something about a bear?

I am sure they are nice pads but the hype on the site makes it look like snake oil.

What gets me is why launch a new product line and not even be ready to meet the smallest of demand. They have been advertising these things for at least two months on their website, I kept calling all of their local vendors with no luck, finally I called Limbsaver directly only to find out this item isn't in any of their retailers hands. I think this must be a really small operation.

Slug O,

A limb saver works so good I would call it a night and day differance... They are that good!!!

I run a limbsaver on my S17 as well and agree. It's a nice product.

Zach

Kross, LLC

lol I have a tapco recoil pad on my MAA stock, it's a huge difference from the standard AK stock I was running.

And a romy side folder on an S12... yeah, when you get something with a pad you will crap your pants on how smooth the gun is. ;)

As you all know I like to do new things... I got a CTR stock but kicked the living shit out of me with no recoil pad. I ordered a grind to fit Limb saver pad and cut off the back of the pad and attached it to the CTR stock with super glue...WOW do not get that stuff on your fingers or you are on trouble!!!!! then I used some RVT silicone to clean up the sides and now I have what you see on the photos.....035.gif

DSCF2740.jpg

DSCF2742.jpg

DSCF2741.jpg

DSCF2744.jpg

DSCF2745.jpg

SLug-O

Nice.

I thought about that pad for an application a while back but got a slip on AK pad.

Good job.

It can be made to work on nearly any stock, so that will surely be helpful to those with oddball stocks.

would you please post a pict of your slip on Limbsaver for us???

If that was directed @ me, My slip on isn't limbsaver. It's made by UTG & it isn't nearly cushioning as a Limbsaver grind on pad.

I had planned to use a limbsaver & make it work, but I was at a gunshow & picked up an AK grenade launcher pad cheap.

Nalioth turned me on to them a while back. I run an AKM butt-stock. The pads were made to fit every type of folding or wook AK-47 / 74 stock produced. Mine slips on my gun quite tight & adds around 3/4 of an inch to overall length of the stock.

The pad makes a Warsaw stock fit like an american stock, keeps my gun authentic, & does relieve recoil through a bit softer of material (which is to say the rubber is slightly softer than steel), but primarily is helps recoil distribution through a much larger footprint, so I went that route.

It does make firing the gun much more comfortable to fire, & being as the rubber is hard as hell, you can drill a hole with a wood bit or small drill mounted hole saw & keep access to your trap door & tool kit on wood stocks.

Funny, I still shoot mostly with the bare AKM stock because I've become fond of the length of a Warsaw stock. But for big mag tests, or when you just would rather not get beaten, it's nice.

Not nearly as cushy as the limbsaver though, but it looks sweet.

cheekpad_black.gifak_folding_buttstock.gif

Here it it with & without it. Unfortunately, I made the case before getting the pad, so I have to add a pocket for the pad.

Done1-2.jpgGundog1.jpg

I like how yours came out. Good shape, & it looks good with the angles.

DSCF2740.jpg

The only thing that grabs the attention is the contrast between material colors (mostly the RTV black). & the top rear plastic corners could be addressed. Then it would look like it came that way. You could even put a couple small screws to secure it further if you've yet to.

If you wanted to try to blend it all all, you could paint it from the joint up with black Plasti-dip.

plasti-dip-can.jpgHome depot & lowes have it in the spraypaint isle.

That's what I had planned on doing to the sides of mine after sanding them to shape, to dress up the rubber, but that was before I got the slip on UTG pad.

Plasti dip is rubber, so it should work. & the black would make everything blend great from plastic, to RTV, to limbsaver.

It's like a paint on synthetic polymer rubber, so if you don't like it, it's not impossible to peel off.

I use it for tool handles & car bike rack supports that touch paint, pretty much to coat just about anything it will stick to that I want to be rubber coated.

Edited by Paulyski

its really not that noticeable but the flash really made it reflect really bad....

Sweet.

I wasn't trying to knock it. at all, the sheen just jumped out at me in the pic.

I hadn't thought of RTV when I was brainstorming for mine. That's a great idea as a buildup material, as it can be sculpted to hold a shape & has good flexibility & adhesive properties.

I had planned on having to grind a bunch off of mine to make it look right & I wasn't sure how the sanded sides would look, so I had planned on the Plasti-dip to make it pretty, as I figured I couldn't do a super smooth finish on the sides & the plasti-dip fills voids & cleans up tool marks well after a few brush on coats. It settles smooth, so long as you angle a lowest point & expect to trim off the drip spot where the excess coating flows as gravity pulls on it before it's dry.

If I had stumbled across a Limbsaver instead of a slip on at the gun show... I wonder how it would have looked.

So I'm subtly pressuring you...

Peer pressure

Is it working? :)

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. (The voices in your head whisper...) :angel:

of course another option you had since you have the magpul stock is to just put their thicker buttpad on

http://store.magpul.com/product/mag317/31

This is the extended Magpul pad!!! The pad is just as rock hard as the oginal one.... Ouch..... What I did was grind down the extended pad flat so the Limbsaver would attach flush to the pad... Now for those that don't know... The lmbsaver pad has a rock hard back thY usually just screws on to the back of the stock.... Not so on this job ...... The CTR stock pad is very narrow!!! The limbsaver stock will stick over the sides alot and there is too much to grind off. What you need to do is take a razor and cut the pad off thehard back... You will notice that the limbsaver is hollow inside!!!! From her you put superglue on the pad and attach the pad to the Magpul stock. The RVT is used to fill in the overlap of the limbsaver on both sides... Hope this helps...

Leon