Help on Mak-90 malf

What would cause a semi-auto MAK-90 AK-47, milled receiver, to double up or go FA on 2-3 shots? This has only happened twice and after the first time a new trigger was installed, which seemed to cure the problem. This seemed to happen when using a certain magazine, although I dont' see how that could make a difference.

I know that everyone is hesitant to talk about full auto in general for obvious reasons, but I am asking so I can find out what to look for and repair to make sure this never happens again. I'm not a novice with firearms, and everything I have is legal, but I just can't figure out why this happened.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm no expert, but, it sounds something like a slamfire to me.

In case you don't know what that is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slamfire

Make sure your bolt face is clean especially around the firing pin so it doesn't get stuck, and see if your MAK has a firing pin spring to hold it back during regular cycling.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Buddy of mine had a .22LR AK that went FA on him at a public range that has pretty restrictive rules. Lucky for him it was a .22 and nobody noticed. The range is frequented by local LEO as well. Consequently, that rifle was returned to the manufacturer for a replacement. As it was a new rifle, I'm guessing maybe a slam fire because it was gummed up with cosmoline?