What can you tell me about Daewoo DR200s?

Has anyone had a Daewoo DR200? I just "discovered" them the other day. They appear interesting and pretty reasonably priced. I understand parts can be a bit difficult to obtain, but are they otherwise worth $775.00 to $950.00, depending upon being listed as having a 500 round count or less, for the cheaper ones or from $900.00 to $1,500.00 for ones listed as "new in box."

WJ

interesting looking rifle. looks like a Korean knock off of the m16 with a hint of Ak. hope they build rifles better than cars. I spent a year there in 88 was not impressed with anything mechanical from them. but that was a while ago. things change.

Best of both worlds ar15 and akm. You can use ar15 FCG and for other parts look here <Link Removed>

plus ace have a adapter to install any butt stock on it if you have tumhole stock on the gun.

Just make sure if you get one is not wore out with a gazillion rounds true the gun.

They are not imported that I know any more for a long time.

Edited by Nailbomb
Remove Non-Buisness member Link

I've got a line on a "new in box" one for $999.00, it comes with the box and manual. That seems like a pretty good buy.

Thanks for the parts link, vjor, I think if I buy it I will want to stock up on some spare parts or maybe buy a second one to cannibalize for parts.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

If is new yea, I have seen used ones for 750 to 900 and you don't even know if they have gazillion rounds true it.

One thing they like 55 grain bullets and get good Ar15 mags for it if you get the gun.

I guy I know has one and every year takes it to the range and well

I have the pleasure to shoot it few times and look inside

and they are built good the only bad thing is not imported any more :(

Edited by vjor

What can I tell you about them? 1) I've been wanting one for a long time, 2) there are a couple of different versions, the K1A1 has a direct gas system (like an AR), which turns me off, but the collapsible wire stock is cool, the DR200's have a gas piston, as does the folding 'solid' stock pre-ban gun, which the model number escapes me. Those are the ones that I see a bunch. There's a Daewoo forum, if you want to get more specific information, but its sparsely traveled.

If I were to get a .223 rifle, this would be the one. It seems like a good investment. AR mags are dirt cheap, and if you pick up the model with the gas piston, I don't see how it would be any sort of reliability issue. .223 is coming down in price, and a domestic round, so I see it as a solid investment.

I find the above quoted prices are high. Last year I bought an unfired preban K2 for $900. Folding buttstock etc. Just before that I purchased the postban DR200 for $550. It came with the FAL style Ace buttstock & pistol grip. That gun was hardly shot. Both guns were purchased from dealers at local gunshows. Sure I had seen some for sale at those high prices, but I don't give them a 2nd look. If people would not pay those high prices, they will come down, especially if the seller is behind 2 mortgage payments. They are great guns & use common AR15 mags. The post ban DR200 has a twist of 1:12, while the preban K2 has a twist of 1:7. Check out "DAEWOORIFLEPARTS.COM" GARY N4KVE

Edited by N4KVE

Has anyone had a Daewoo DR200? I just "discovered" them the other day. They appear interesting and pretty reasonably priced. I understand parts can be a bit difficult to obtain, but are they otherwise worth $775.00 to $950.00, depending upon being listed as having a 500 round count or less, for the cheaper ones or from $900.00 to $1,500.00 for ones listed as "new in box."

WJ

Yes . I have had two K2 . One I use the other NIB and keeping it . Solid rifle and is used by the South Korean military. Apparently the Koreans were building receivers for the American M16 and decided to incorporate them into their own rifle , along with aspects of the AK and others. I remember taking this out to the range when my brother came back home from the Academy ( Military ), saw the K2 and wanted to fire it . From bench and open sights he put two rounds in the target . One at the top outer ring and the other in the bottom of the the outer ring . Said " Top that ." . I took the rifle stood up and put two in the bulls-eye . He declared I could not do that again . Bang one more in the bulls-eye and the 3 hits could be covered with a U.S. Quarter . Yeah it's a good weapon.