Further modifications to the 7.62x39 Saiga

I've been trying to make my Saiga rifles visually distinctive from eachother from the start by getting green furniture for the 5.45. I wanted to go further. You may recall my previous thread where I polished up my bolt carrier, that was the start. I removed the finish from the trigger and polished it, however, I liked the look of that so much, I did it to the 5.45x39 Saiga as well. I decided that the next mod I wanted to try was venting my handguard. My buddy had just got a Dremel tool and a lot of accessories, so we vented it up. After that was said and done, I decided that the plate on the gas tube was ugly as hell, so I removed it with a flathead screwdriver and a hammer and painted it with some glossy engine enamel paint I had laying around. It doesn't match the rifle's finish, but I don't care. Anyway, here it is for now :

2zthp2w.jpg

k3xeaa.jpg

Some tips : venting is easy, just take your time and measure carefully. We used the Dremel to drill the pilot holes then mill it out, then sandpapered it. We cut the angle with his cutting wheel. I didn't bother sanding that bit because really, aside from a nick one one of the cuts, it doesn't look that bad.

I was going to port the gas tube, but decided against it...for now ;-P

Edited by Big Boss