:chris: I just bought a POSP 6x42 scope, I got the english instructions but not clear on how to zero it in. Anyone have one and know how to zero and use it? Also do you like it?

I zeroed mine with a .223 laser boresighter to start with and went from there. I personaly don't like the POSP scopes. I have a POSP 8x42 i got as a gift of my S.223. I don't like the the scope position on. For me its real uncomfortable to shoot with the POSP on. I'm more of an iron sights fan. So there's alittle input from my experiance. :killer:

Hi

The posp scopes are real quick to zero in as they have the moving image reticule , i quite like them. I have the 8x42 and can get 3 shots into 20mm outside to outside at 50m from my 7.62x39mm ak103. if your elevation turret is marked 0-10 then zero at 100m and set the turret to 0 , if it is marked 0-20 then set it at 1.5 for a 100m zero.

as you may know some scopes are calibrated for the 7.62x39mm round and these usually have the 400m rangefinder. if yours has the 1000m rangefinder then the scopes reticule is calibrated for 7.62x54r. either way the normal dial in for extended ranges will not apply to you as you are using .223 so you will need to work out and write down what ranges the lower chevron aiming marks corespond to. you will also need to work out how many clicks to take you from 100m to 200m etc.

all the best

assassin

Hi

The posp scopes are real quick to zero in as they have the moving image reticule , i quite like them. I have the 8x42 and can get 3 shots into 20mm outside to outside at 50m from my 7.62x39mm ak103. if your elevation turret is marked 0-10 then zero at 100m and set the turret to 0 , if it is marked 0-20 then set it at 1.5 for a 100m zero.

as you may know some scopes are calibrated for the 7.62x39mm round and these usually have the 400m rangefinder. if yours has the 1000m rangefinder then the scopes reticule is calibrated for 7.62x54r. either way the normal dial in for extended ranges will not apply to you as you are using .223 so you will need to work out and write down what ranges the lower chevron aiming marks corespond to. you will also need to work out how many clicks to take you from 100m to 200m etc.

all the best

assassin

I have the one that is 0-20 on both adjusters. I also have the range finder inside he scope. I haven't taken it to the range yet, the weather is too windy and about to rain here. The levation is at 10.5 and windage is at .5 Like I said I haven't shoot it yet. I am not sure how to use it.bought because it was the clearist scope I have found yet. The way stuff that fits the Saiga .308 I thought that I sould get it now. Please help with it. Thank you

I have one, and I totally agree that it has the clearest optics I have ever seen in a scope. Since there are no rifle ranges that I know of around me, I have to guesstimate on adjusting it.

Just bought a bi-pod for mine so setting it for 100m should work fine for me,

Only issue I have is the recticule (sp?) seems to get so blurry from time to time that I cant read anything (let alone seeing it) Not sure if thats me (20/10 vision) or something wierd with the scope.

Hi rotordemon

the blurryness is only when you view a reasonably close object , i often fire at 50m and have noticed it , if you aim at a further object say 200m away it is real clear , this is a sniper scope after all. this is my findings after using mine.

BIRRDOG

Hi

i have uploaded a manual for this scope to my web server , you can download it on the link below:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kalashnikov/i...8x42_manual.pdf

hope this is of help

all the best

assassin

Hi rotordemon

the blurryness is only when you view a reasonably close object , i often fire at 50m and have noticed it , if you aim at a further object say 200m away it is real clear , this is a sniper scope after all. this is my findings after using mine.

BIRRDOG

Hi

i have uploaded a manual for this scope to my web server , you can download it on the link below:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kalashnikov/i...8x42_manual.pdf

hope this is of help

all the best

assassin

Hello Assassin, Thank you for the info. on zeroing the POSP 6x42 scope. I took it to the range this afternoon and went to the 25 yards and shoot till got it to shoot close to center as we could. I only had about 60 rounds so then we went to the 50 yard range and had to adjust the levation down some the ran out of ammo. I got it pritty close but need to tighted the locking lever some. I just want to know if it is normal to be able to turn the adjuster knobs with out loseing the 2 screws first? The range won't let you shoot fmj ammo so I will need to find some ammo and go back to the range and work on it some more.

Hi birrdog

The black wheel on top of the elevation and windage adjustment turrets should have 2 screws in each that need to be loosened before the callibrated (siver) turrets can be moved to set your zero at a certain mark. on my scope when i remove the two screws i seem to need to rotate the turrets at least half a turn or the screws cant line up with the holes again , this has caused me a problem in setting my turrets to a determined zero mark such as "0" , is your scope the same?

all the best

assassin

You don't need to take the screws all the was out, just loosen them. When I sighted in my Romak3/8x42, I didn't loosen anything until I was back at home. then loosened up the screws and set the turrets to 1.5 elevation and 0 windage. You can rough sight it this way and maybe get lucks like I did and get dead on without having to fine tune any.

I hit POA at 100m with scope set at 1.5 like the manual says, but hit 1" high at 200m with elevation set at 2, so the range card in the instructions didn't work for me.

BTW, I have an I/O rifle and the I/O scope instructions.