Tromix S-17 & MD-20 in Small Arms Review Magazine

Just came home from overseas last night and stopped by the local US Post Office to pick up my mound of mail. First item on top was my just-delivered copy of SAR with the Tromix S-17 on the cover. They devoted the center spread to the S-17 and wrote a nicely flattering article...as if the cat wasn't out of the bag already.

Congrats to Tony and the Tromix Crew.

-P.

Edited by Prophet

Kick-ass! :super:

...as if the cat wasn't out of the bag already.

Yeah, some people are still finding out . . . Every time I take mine to the gun range I still get a "what in the hell is that?" from somebody.

Hi all. Jeff Z from SAR here.

I hope you all like the article. For those of you looking for it, it is in the latest issue (some may still be shipping), the May, 2010 (Vol 13 No 8)issue.

If you remember back a little I stopped in here on the request of Mike at MD Arms and Tony, quite a while ago. I was asked to do a T&E on the MD12 20-rd drum which we ran a few months back. We had such a positive response from that piece it was obvious we needed to study the Saiga-12 a little more in-depth, and the Tromix guns fit the bill just fine!

Tony has been a wealth of information (as were many people and places at this site) so I wanted to stop in and say "Thanks" for the education. You all certainly started a new addiction for me. It had been a while since I have been excited about a tactical shotgun but that all changed when I got my hands on the S17. It is a great gun, lots of fun to shoot and extremely practical in many areas. I agree with Tony in his mission statement that "Fun" is still a valid reason to want something.

Anyway, I hope you like the piece on the S17. As an exclusive heads-up for the Saiga-12 family, I just received an Arsenal .410 that I will be testing for a future issue. They have several cool ideas for it and I'll have some neat announcements from Arsenal when it gets closer to going to print.

Jeff Z

Hi all. Jeff Z from SAR here.

I hope you all like the article. For those of you looking for it, it is in the latest issue (some may still be shipping), the May, 2010 (Vol 13 No 8)issue.

If you remember back a little I stopped in here on the request of Mike at MD Arms and Tony, quite a while ago. I was asked to do a T&E on the MD12 20-rd drum which we ran a few months back. We had such a positive response from that piece it was obvious we needed to study the Saiga-12 a little more in-depth, and the Tromix guns fit the bill just fine!

Tony has been a wealth of information (as were many people and places at this site) so I wanted to stop in and say "Thanks" for the education. You all certainly started a new addiction for me. It had been a while since I have been excited about a tactical shotgun but that all changed when I got my hands on the S17. It is a great gun, lots of fun to shoot and extremely practical in many areas. I agree with Tony in his mission statement that "Fun" is still a valid reason to want something.

Anyway, I hope you like the piece on the S17. As an exclusive heads-up for the Saiga-12 family, I just received an Arsenal .410 that I will be testing for a future issue. They have several cool ideas for it and I'll have some neat announcements from Arsenal when it gets closer to going to print.

Jeff Z

Thanks for stopping in, Jeff. Yall really have a great magazine at Small Arms Review. The layout, articles, and photography are always excellent. I especially enjoyed the "Marines in Combat" and "Guns of Modern Day Marine Expo" section from your April issue. Out of all the firearm magazines I subscribe to, SAR is the one I look forward to most each month.

I haven't seen the May edition yet but I'm sure the Tromix article will bring plenty of attention to the benefits the S-12 platform has to offer and hopefully a few more subscribers to your magazine from this forum as well! ;)

Take care and keep up the good work!

Zach

Kross, LLC

You all certainly started a new addiction for me. It had been a while since I have been excited about a tactical shotgun but that all changed when I got my hands on the S17.

So maybe we'll see you around a little more? ;)

Can't just have one anyway...

So maybe we'll see you around a little more? ;)

Yeah, I'll be around more. :-). I actually tried to post here a few times while working on this last piece but I lost my login info. I just stumbled on it a few days ago.

BTW, thanks for all the kind words. I only hope people enjoy reading SAR as much as I enjoy putting it together every month!

Jeff Z

anyone which stores carry SAR mag. I have not seen it around.

I've seen it at Barnes & Noble, Hudson News, and maybe Borders? I've been subscribing steadily for over 10 years and keep the issues for reference purposes.

Hey Jeff, not to hijack the thread, but do you offer the option for multiple issues on CD-ROM? Maybe allow monthly subscribers to get the media at the end of their 1, 2, or 3-year subscripions? Keeping the paper issues sure is bulky.

-P.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Zach. Now it looks like I'm gonna have to order one of those Kross rail handguards and a handfull of the Pro-Mag 12-rd drums to keep us with the "cool kids" ;-)

Jeff Z

Sounds good Jeff. We're actually working on getting a Hellion hand guard out soon for the Tromix 12" - 14" S-17 builds. I'll be sure to let you know when we get some in.

By the way, for those wondering here's the Tromix cover shot for anyone that'll be out looking for this issue.

vol13-08C.png

Zach

Kross, LLC

vol13-08C.png

I find it interesting where this dude has the Tromix S17's buttstock mounted on his right shoulder.

Does anyone else think he has it up a little high?

Edited by Gary

vol13-08C.png

I find it interesting where this dude has the Tromix S17's buttstock mounted on his right shoulder.

Nah, just an odd looking hold because of body armor. Some styles make it hard to get a "normal looking" hold even though it stays functional, accurate and painless. Good eye though!

Jeff Z

vol13-08C.png

The sight alignment looks correct.