my saiga 12 as of now, more changes to come

i have $1500 invested in this and now it cycles every thing i feed it just need to invest in some better mags, so pleas let me know from personal experience if there are any 10rd mags and 20rd drums that work flawlessly right out the box, at the moment i have two pro mag 10rd ers and one pro mag 20rd drum, yeah i know i should have done more research before buying, but that's what i get, i just want some good mags that feed every time with out fail, not just 4 out of 5 times

better pix soon to come, all i had handy was a cell phone

post-23876-12696836506863_thumb.jpeg

post-23876-12696836744089_thumb.jpg

agp mags work great, but i have never had one (i have 13 btw) that didnt need to be disassembled and sanded down to work perfect with all loads. some of them fed low brass fine but couldnt keep up with the bolt using high brass untill i did some sanding/scraping on the rails where the high brass portion of the shell ride. takes about 10 minutes per mag to make them run flawless. never tried surefire mags, but i think the agp's feed as well as the factory mags, although they are less durable (hence should be considered less reliable) than the russian mags. if you want the best, the russian 8 rounders are currently the best option and are priced accordingly :dollar:

agp mags work great, but i have never had one (i have 13 btw) that didnt need to be disassembled and sanded down to work perfect with all loads. some of them fed low brass fine but couldnt keep up with the bolt using high brass untill i did some sanding/scraping on the rails where the high brass portion of the shell ride. takes about 10 minutes per mag to make them run flawless. never tried surefire mags, but i think the agp's feed as well as the factory mags, although they are less durable (hence should be considered less reliable) than the russian mags. if you want the best, the russian 8 rounders are currently the best option and are priced accordingly :dollar:

where do i find the russian 8rders

where do i find the russian 8rders

I wouldn't bother if I were you. They're entirely too expensive for what they are, (usually ~$130+ apiece). US 20-round drums cost less.

Russian 8-rnd mags are not regularly imported due to unconstitutional BATFE regulations, so they're quite rare, hence the price. Normally you can only find them sold by private individuals in small quantities.

It's your money so you do what you want with it, but imo they're not worth the cost. If I were you, I might buy a couple 8-rnd, (or 12-rnd, they're fun), Surefire mags to use until Mike D releases his double-stack mags, which I fully expect to be far cheaper and superior, (similar reliability and size with higher capacity), to Russian 8-rnd mags.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Not sure if it's still going, but AGP was running an "assemble your own mag" sale. I think the price was around $20 or $25 per 10-round mag.

The assembly was easy, and after some minor sanding and fitting, they work really well. I would recommend that for any stick mags that you need. If you are looking for capacity over 10-rounds, I would say the MD-20 drum is still the best in the field.

i would have loved to have tried it as well but with the hell i am getting with pro-mag i am unsure about waisting any more money on mags that only cause my gun to jam, i tried some ones md20 and 3 agp 10rders and they all function flawlessly, but no one local stocks them and i hate to wait again for shipping, but allot of people stock the 12rd surefires but thats just to long and silly looking to me