What the hell Maryland? You used to be cool.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/alcoholfaq.html

Maryland's gun laws suck, but the alcohol laws were always better than Pennsylvania's until now. I'm heading down to Assategue Island and Frontiere Town next month for my annual first vacation of the year, and there's nothing I like more than sitting on the beach with my wife and a bottle of Reisling or a mini keg of Grolsch and watching the waves. It looks like you can get a $35 permit to drink or pay a $55 fine if caught. Still better than Pa's no booze on state parks at all crap, but still sucks!

Yes PA laws suck when it comes to alcohol and parks. I got a $25 ticket once for an open beer bottle on park grounds. We were having a bbq. We had a case of beer. Towards the end a few bottles were left and we were finishing them off when the park ranger showed up. In terms of alcohol Pa sucks (but getting better) However overall I like this state. No major gun, caliber, or gun "look" restrictions (knock on wood)!!!

In Ocean City you will get arrested. Yes for an open container on the beach. I don't ever recall getting a permit when I've been at Green Ridge though, or any other state park, and the park ranger always drives around checking up on folks.

Yeah this really isn't all that new, it must have just changed for that park. Alcohol was a big no no at Great Falls but we some how always found away to get a bunch of beer out to the cliffs. Lived in MD for eight years and spent a lot of time "socializing" at Great Falls MD side. Nothing like spending the day watching kayakers get there ass kicked in the rapids while drinking a brew and soaking up the sun!

On a side note the insulated camel back can be your best friend......Yeah Jack and ginger!

Yet woman can walk the beach with a string barely covering her body, boobs basically hanging out, ass well nothing covered at all. 600 pound men can walk around in a speedo, not to mention whatever that two piece thing it the 750 pound woman is wearing. Thugs can carry their radios spewing profane brain cell killing noise. The tejano music sticks in your head for weeks with the repeated same THUD thud THUD thud THUD thud....get a new beat.....

A permit to drink? haha stupid, I can understand "no glass bottles" rules like the beaches I remember had. Personally I stopped going due to all the other filth you have to deal with. Ill find me a nice quiet spot to enjoy

Some people seem to forget families go to the beach too....

When was Maryland cool? Baltimore now has higher crime than DC, you have Prince George County or as we like to call it Plead Guilty County, you have to suck the governor's cock to get a conceal carry permit, I fail to see to "cool" part.

MD gun owner residents, come on down to VA, we actually want you here!

For me, there are few things in this country-(and I've been from Canada, Vermont, Alabama, N.C. to Washington state and all places in between) that are as beautiful and peaceful as Asategue Island. There is so much beach that you can find a spot and not see another person. I haven't used O.C. Md. beaches for a long time because of the ugly people and noise. I like going to concerts in Baltimore-(Ram's head live 2 weeks ago) because they let you take your drink outside to smoke-never in Pa! But I have a lot of guns, so I can't dog the old commonwealth state too bad-though the taxes really suck!

I recently took the class to get my Utah non res. ccw permit. I can carry in all the states surrounding MD but not in my own damn state. If blowing the Governor was all you had to do I bet there would be a lot more people with md ccw permits. At the minimum you have to be robbed, raped twice, carry 3 million in your right pocket on a daily basis, have had a plane fly into your house, and had at least 10 threats on your life.

The sooner we get the lib POS Brian Frosh out, the sooner Maryland may turn around a bit.

http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

When was Maryland cool? Baltimore now has higher crime than DC, you have Prince George County or as we like to call it Plead Guilty County, you have to suck the governor's cock to get a conceal carry permit, I fail to see to "cool" part.

MD gun owner residents, come on down to VA, we actually want you here!

We used to go shooting in the many gravel pits here in P.G. - hell I have had P.G. and Maryland State police stop by and end up shooting with us. But those days are long gone! NY,Mass and California now control the Government here! Hunt and Sportsman's clubs were incorporated into a Militia during WWII, but the current denies that anything like that ever happened!

Edited by G O B

Yeah the no alcohol in state parks restriction instituted last season really sucks. My solution: mix up a big batch of margaritas and enjoy your contraband discreetly. These keep well in a thermos over a long weekend of camping. It helps if you have some kids running around, the park rangers will leave you alone.

After years of camping in this state, I can say that a few a*holes drinking at a nearby campsite can completely ruin the experience for everyone around them. But I'd rather deal with that than a slowly encroaching nanny state. Let's just say Maryland's gun laws alone make me consider moving north or south when the time presents itself...

Yeah the no alcohol in state parks restriction instituted last season really sucks. My solution: mix up a big batch of margaritas and enjoy your contraband discreetly. These keep well in a thermos over a long weekend of camping. It helps if you have some kids running around, the park rangers will leave you alone.

After years of camping in this state, I can say that a few a*holes drinking at a nearby campsite can completely ruin the experience for everyone around them. But I'd rather deal with that than a slowly encroaching nanny state. Let's just say Maryland's gun laws alone make me consider moving north or south when the time presents itself...

Man I sure wish I could enjoy most the state parks in Texas. They all kinda went to the pot when the mexicans took them over. Dont get me wrong, I dont mind spanish folks, even have some in the family(they will agree with the disrespect factor, and it does tend to come from both sides the white trash usually doesnt stray far from home though lol). But I wish they would show me the same respect I show them when I dont blaze my music as loud as I can and throw my 40s on the ground.

Edited by Chevyman097