I have a case of Rio Royal 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00' buck in my safe. Love it! Well balanced for the S12 - great for exploding gallon water jugs, and capable of going right through 2 x 4 at 15 - 25 feet. I believe I paid about .50 a shell for it. Great stuff. No complaints!

I have a case of Rio Royal 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00' buck in my safe. Love it! Well balanced for the S12 - great for exploding gallon water jugs, and capable of going right through 2 x 4 at 15 - 25 feet. I believe I paid about .50 a shell for it. Great stuff. No complaints!

Damn it. I am gonna end up ordering more now...stop! :lolol:

I see a LOT of RIO used for trap from other trap team individuals...

I even reload the hulls... the only problem is you have to use Nobel Sport or Fiocchi primers as the primer pockets are too large to accept a standard 209 primer. ( they will fall out )

They reload nicely, even though they only have a 6 point crimp instead of 8... ( have to change the pre crimp station on the press is the only thing... LOL I am not fond of the steel bases in my more expensive shotties ( like the SX3... ) but they are just fine for the mossberg and the Saigas! :up:

they work decently for cheap reloads. :up:

:smoke:

I could never get the RIO - 00, 2 3/4" buck to cycle reliably in my S12. Never had issues with anything else though. 4 port gun. Even shoots the cheapo Rem and Win 7.5 loads if I'm using a mag. It seemed to me that the base was just slightly larger than other brands of shells in diameter. Had a friend that said it didn't shuck in/out of his Rem 870 as smooth as other rounds.