Dual Purpose T-Pod/bipod/Grip by FAB(MAKO)?

Just wondering if anyone have used the FAB(MAKO) bipod/T-pod on their saiga and how good it actaully works. I seen the video and it seems pretty neat, having that foregrip+bipod functionality. When I go to the range I get lazy from holding the gun after 300-400 shots lol. So this would help, also would help to take out as much as possible off the "shooter error" when I compare different ammo), would be alot less movement to mess up if the gun is sitting still.

t-pod.jpg

Seems like it's reputable and get used by LEOs/military and to be made in Israel I think.

Anyways post up and of your feedback.

EDIT: Found it for $80 shipped, and it would be going on Ultimak rail if I get it.

Edited by HappYBallZ

I just got out of the Marine corp and we were issued these front grips. I liked them the spring inside aint no joke its strong and too if you have the legs out and wanna move quick you still have a grip.

That looks like a better design to me. Forgive my ignorance, but who makes this grip?

Thnx guys, just found out that one of my friends have one that Mac showed above, I ordered the FAB/MAKO one and will test them both when I will get them. And then probably express my opinion on the two. lol :smoke:

P-Apo: Mac would know for sure but I believe the maker of it is "Grip Pod".

My budy has one of those with stainless steel legs-non polymer legs(military version I guess.)

I already see some cons with pros, like FAB one can be adjusted between legs if surface is uneven, but then againt what if the locking tabs brake and then u got a mess on(in) your hands and no foregrip, plus I think you have to have key to tighten it to the rail.

2nd one seems to be more sturdy sense you always have the handle but legs look little fragile so to speak, but has that quick mount which helps.

Ahh we will see I guess. :super:

It is indeed a Grip Pod. I have one and wouldnt give it up. I dont have or have never used one of the fabs, but I would take the grip pod over it just by looking at the two.

The Grip Pod is very sturdy and the legs are reinforced with metal on the inside.

I also have several Grip Pods and like them, especially since they sell for about $ 30 to $ 40...

where did you find them for $30-$40? ive only seen them for $100+, except for cheaper knock-offs.

No crap, I second that.

Id like to know because for that price ill buy a couple and sell them on ebay. Cheapest I found on ebay was 70 bucks i think.

Just wondering if anyone have used the FAB(MAKO) bipod/T-pod on their saiga and how good it actaully works. I seen the video and it seems pretty neat, having that foregrip+bipod functionality. When I go to the range I get lazy from holding the gun after 300-400 shots lol. So this would help, also would help to take out as much as possible off the "shooter error" when I compare different ammo), would be alot less movement to mess up if the gun is sitting still.

t-pod.jpg

Seems like it's reputable and get used by LEOs/military and to be made in Israel I think.

Anyways post up and of your feedback.

EDIT: Found it for $80 shipped, and it would be going on Ultimak rail if I get it.

i`am looking to get one.where did you find it at that price?

I just got out of the Marine corp and we were issued these front grips. I liked them the spring inside aint no joke its strong and too if you have the legs out and wanna move quick you still have a grip.

They have something that looks exactly like this all over eBay for about $30. I actually owned one and liked it quite a bit, until it broke a few months ago. Are these cheap Chinese knock-offs of the real thing, or what?

If it broke and it was $30 then it was, without a doubt, a Chinese knockoff. They are nearly identical looking and are sold at gun shows as the real deal but they are not. I have three real ones, they are solid as a brick sh!thouse and would most likely be the last thing to fail on my gun.

Here is a video on how to tell them apart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCkFDL1PU8M

Edited by JaxSmirkingRevenge

i bought a grip pod from ebay. it was the real deal. it was 50$. lately you can find real grip pods, not the chinese knock-offs, for around 60$. Every feature listed in the verification video matched up. I searched for the "GPS-02" on ebay to find the real ones. Just find a good reputable seller and ask if its a legit one before buying.

anyone have an opinion or experience with this one?

I have never used that grip. But I can give caa a+ I have used many of their other items and I like them, good quality good prices. Id be interesting in seeing some ones review on one here.

i`am looking to get one.where did you find it at that price?

Sorry, did not know people were still posting in this thread. :smoke:

Well I actually found a website that offered it for $88 and I found a coupon. But after I looked at their reviews and how bad I was about to get screwd I decided to get it from other place for $102+shipping :\...while bidding on gunbroker.com lol.... So I got two now :haha:.

When I get the second one(NIB) I can just sell it to you for the price I paid(I think it came out to $86.99) + delivery if you want it, or if your fast enough and pay fast I can ask the guy to send it directly to you saving shipping costs, otherwise I'll just keep it for saiga-12 when I get rail for it.

Let me know if you want it.

Edit: Just noticed you live in Tampa, I live in bay area too so if your not too far we could just meet up in worst case scenario. :super:

Edited by HappYBallZ
  • 2 weeks later...