converters

I am looking for someone to do a saiga 12 conversion. I have a fireflyarms conversion and for the money is a good buy. I want the next one to be done better, by that I mean holes welded and ground, completly refinished and so forth. I also was thinking of having a bulgy side folding stock installed on it as I have one and cant wait for a real ak100 series stock to materialize. I was also thinking of the ak front style sight and flashhider, since I have the threaded barell. Who should do the conversion? Krebs? I am also wondering about the parts count. I have a u.s. made gas piston for the saiga 12, pistol grip and fcg. Thats 5 parts. I need 6 roght? So I need a jonny mcelndo? sp? flash hider right? I await your knowledgeble responses. Thanks, Chuck

You need to check the Pistol Grip Conversion FAQ to confirm the number of parts you need. If you have a threaded choke then I think you only need "4" US parts... just check the FAQ to be sure.

If money is not an option then there is no one better than Krebs to do your work.

LB

I can't ever get FireFly to answer his phone or email ...Thats why I sent all mine to Dave Michener @ Elite Arms. :super: .he answers ALL Email,Phone calls & stupid questions...if you get him to duracoat or other...[Finish]..he has a two week turnaround..call him on thye phone & tell him what you want..& he will get it done..

EliteGuns@aol.com

Elite Firearms /Saiga Conversions Webpage

If I didn't screw the addys up...they should be clickable.. :unsure:

Tell em Wade Sent ya at Saiga.com forum

Edited by StarLynx

I will ask sam about the conversion. I heard the bulgie sidefolder conversion is tricky, I dont think too many have been done. I need a flashhider! I still need to figure out parts count also. I have a us gas pistol pistol grip and fcg. Is that enough with foriegn choke att, how about with your flashhider? I was also thinking about going all out and getting a powers custom adj trigger for it, do they work in a siaga without mods? TIA, Chuck

There is a guy who calls himself hotbarrel on the AK Files forum who makes them and sells them for 15 bucks shipped.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5949

Edited by Cobra 76 two

The Bulgy side folder is a pain in the ass from what I heard. I had Dave at EliteFirearms build my gun. He did an absolutely amazing job, but I felt bad for him: it's not the simple installation anyone would want to do.

post-1804-1113599613_thumb.jpg

post-1804-1113599657_thumb.jpg

The pictures may not do her justice, but she has a wonderful finish, perfect porting, and a few more goodies that Dave and I discussed like Tritium Night Sights. If you tell him what you want, he can do it and do it wonderfully, but you may have to do some convincing to get him to try another Bulgy. Maybe since he made mine he's fabricated a different hinge or found another way to make installation a bit easier, but give him a try and tell him that Robb from North Carolina says hey and that I'm still lovin' my baby. Let me know what you decide on, and definately let us all see your new conversion when she's done.

I would say Elite, only cause I think you will get it back faster from him. Krebs is awsome, but I have a feeling they are still swamped with work, may not get it back for a long time. I am probably going to have Krebs do My Krink though if Derek at AZEX arms is o busy when it comes time. We'll see, but I would rather have Derek do it as I have held his Krink and it is a freaking work of art.

I asked dave about the folder and he said the magwell was too big for the latch on the bulgie folder. I then e-mailed him back and said it can be done cause the 12c has the polymer folder on it. He said it can be done but the barrel has to be removed from the trunion, and the trunion from the reciever. The cost $250, just for the stock installation. I said forget it. I might have him do the regular conversion, Im not shure yet.