this trigger guard freaking rocks!

I just completed my first conversion (finally finished... again) and I just want to give props to Cobra's Custom for offering this outstanding trigger guard. I'm very pleased with the final product... it looks great!

post-3-12700708404661_thumb.jpg

Yes, ak-builder S-12 trigger guards are very well designed and look great imo. I have one on my gun, (I bought it directly from Curtis).

The installation is not that hard; you just have to cut a pg hole in your receiver and drill for a few screws/rivets.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Looks great Micah....and no you DON'T have to cut a hole for a PG nut. The Kit that Micah bought comes with an optional PG bushing that attaches with rivets and/OR machine screws, which are also supplied. All it takes to install this kit is drilling two holes for the front two machine screws or rivets. Both are supplied so you have the choice.

Some people prefer to support the forum by getting their parts from forum vendors when they can....thank you Micah, a pleasure as usual.:super:

Looks nice and proper. I have a Saiga with the stock guard welded on and one with a DIY Tromix. I like the traditional look, on the trigger guard anyways.

Cobra,

I will be getting one of these for my next S12, and supporting a site vendor.... namely you. Sadly, both of the S12s I have were already restored when I got them. The next one will be a virgin bone stocker. Great job on keeping the design simple.

ETA: Micah, Rat Bones! I'm old school like that.... I had a set.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

It doesn't really matter, but to be clear: Cobra may sell em, but he didn't design these trigger guards.

To each his own, but personally I much prefer the version that requires a pistol grip hole be cut in the receiver; for a more secure, traditional mount.

edit: Oh, and I do support many site business members by buying from them whenever possible, (CSS, LSA, MAA, MDA, dinzag, etc), just not you, Shannon.

Obviously, everyone here is free to spend their money however they wish. I'm not telling anyone not to buy from Cobra, just that I do not.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

It doesn't really matter, but to be clear: Cobra may sell em, but he didn't design these trigger guards.

To each his own, but personally I much prefer the version that requires a pistol grip hole be cut in the receiver; for a more secure, traditional mount.

edit: Oh, and I do support many site business members by buying from them whenever possible, (CSS, LSA, MAA, MDA, dinzag, etc), just not you, Shannon.

Obviously, everyone here is free to spend their money however they wish. I'm not telling anyone not to buy from Cobra, just that I do not.

ymmv.

I'm with you on the traditional pistol grip nut. I cut the nut off of the Tromix DIY I have and used a normal nut and screw. I would do the same to the aforementioned trigger guard. Well.... who designs and makes this guard?

I just completed my first conversion (finally finished... again) and I just want to give props to Cobra's Custom for offering this outstanding trigger guard. I'm very pleased with the final product... it looks great!

cobra-TG.jpg

Sweet looking trigger guard! what grip is that?

cobra-TG.jpg

Sweet looking trigger guard! what grip is that?

izsmash s-12 grip

@ post-apocalyptic: - please, brother, ease up on trolling - does not do anybody any good but fills up threads with useless personal drama. Please.