Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

I finally have the 5.45 in my possession. Good timing, because I just finished my 10 and 15 round mags :)

Tomorrow the conversion begins (and ends) and range time soon after.

Just finished my x39.... know I am wanting 5.45

Post some pics when you get it done and pics while you are doing the restoration...

Thanks

Mike

the wood looks good. did you buy it that way or you refinished it yourself? and the hammer issue, that is no good at all, if you used a nut and screw to hold the front of the factory trigger guard make sure the nut is not interfering with the hammer, thats what i have seen before.

I used the $1 screw and bolt that CSS sells. I'm sure it's not in the way. I must have screwed up somewhere in that assembly though.

I bought the wood from Klassy who refinished it for me in this color, since I liked how your rifle looked.

Edited by Polak

oh cool thats nice, yea the wood looks nice, and the grain is beautiful. post up a pic maybe we can help out with the FCG issue. btw did you have to modify the gas tube a bit or did it slip right in?

Edited by BlackLs1Ttop

oh cool thats nice, yea the wood looks nice, and the grain is beautiful. post up a pic maybe we can help out with the FCG issue

I'll post pictures tomorrow if I don't find out what is wrong.

Ahh yes I thought I saw that gun over on Glocktalk. :super: Lookin good!

Last time I checked Atlantic was out of Saiga 5.45s. I need to track one down asap.

When did you check? I got mine from Atlantic ~2 weeks ago. Also got free shipping for being a forum member.

LOL. I'm having an issue with the bolt rubbing on the hammer. The hammer doesn't catch onto the disconnector.

Sounds like you installed the hammer upside down. Common error; I did it myself.

I did not. I made sure it's the right way, because I've read numerous threads where people had their's backwards. What the problem was, was the gas tube.

I did not. I made sure it's the right way, because I've read numerous threads where people had their's backwards. What the problem was, was the gas tube.

Glad you figured it out. Can you explain how the gas tube caused this problem though?

Glad you figured it out. Can you explain how the gas tube caused this problem though?

It was too tight (because I clamped it to put on the wood) and the piston was rubbing. I finally got it loose enough to function correctly and it's good now.

Polak.. Very nice wood set there. You will be happy with the 5.45.

I managed 5 1/2" (or so) groups out at 200 yards with my 5.45 (about 2 1/4 at 100yards).. Going to go back tommorrow and see if I can tighten it down abit.. 4" or less would be 027.gif rockin'

Another RANGE video tommorrow also.. 022.gif

Taken out the 7.62x39 for some bam-bam also... 007.gif

Ahh yes I thought I saw that gun over on Glocktalk. :super: Lookin good!

Last time I checked Atlantic was out of Saiga 5.45s. I need to track one down asap.

When did you check? I got mine from Atlantic ~2 weeks ago. Also got free shipping for being a forum member.

I emailed them on the 28th and they were out. Actually I was just going to order from peachstate today but something came up. It's cheaper over there by a few bucks... They're a member here right? Any discounts or free shipping?

I can't stand it anymore... I want to shoot some cheap surplus ammo!