Damn I d k but we made one at work out of a 15 gallon cheatah tank with a welded peice of exaust pipe bout 6 ft long with a 3" valve launch it over the road infront of the shop till we could not see it any more that and 20oz water bottles would fly pretty good this style tank

post-17989-12700713372053_thumb.jpg

I watched a buddy of mine shoot himself in the balls at point blank range at a party. He accidently hit the striker after ramming the tater down. He was on the ground for 45 minutes. I thought we'd have to call an "ambalamps" because I couldn't breath from laughing so hard! That raw spud turned to mashed upon impact!

I would strongly suggest that you consult your local law enforcement office. In Iowa here potato guns powered by anything but air are a class D felony to have, which saddens me because they are great fun.

:

class d? lol man I didnt even know they went that low. Does that even go on your record? I might risk it for the fun of a P-toe gun lol jk.

I did hear a rumor once that they were not legal. But meh Im in Texas and we had them as kids growing up, in a small town I dont see anyone flipping out as long as you arent being an idiot. Although at times we were haha.

Down here, I've heard they where illegal, but the last time I shot mine, pointed at a pine tree, JUST as a sheriff went by, didn't know he was coming down the road, all he did was give me a dirty look. Or try getting a hand full of paper towels, double hand full of hickory nuts, wrap nuts tight in paper towels, cram down the barrel and launch down the road at thugs trailer with tin roof. :) :) Best fun we ever had at the shop was with liquid nitrogen, steel pipe, plastic drink bottles and tennis balls, we even launched some 3" dia teflon balls that come out of the pumps, that, well let's just say, they went a LONG way. :)

I've seen the air powered ones out preform gas many times. Gas (spray paint, hair spray) only generates about 10-20psi if that. A well made diaphragm valve will deliver 60-80psi. Ball valves really suck at getting air pressure in the barrel, generally the spud is out of the launcher before the valve is even half way open.

Air pressure is probably more legal then anything. Plus you don't have air mix quirks and venting to think about, just slap in a tatter and add air.

A bunch of chemlites in a styrofoam cup sabot are a ball at night, esp. with little plastic parachutes made from plastic grocery bag pieces and fishing line.

Heheh It's a real trip if you cut the tips off of all of them first and shoot them like that...lol.

You get a glowing vapor cloud that glows all the surrounding trees and bushes as it settles back to the ground.

A bunch of chemlites in a styrofoam cup sabot are a ball at night, esp. with little plastic parachutes made from plastic grocery bag pieces and fishing line.

Heheh It's a real trip if you cut the tips off of all of them first and shoot them like that...lol.

You get a glowing vapor cloud that glows all the surrounding trees and bushes as it settles back to the ground.

I have a 12ga load to launch 'em out of my double barrel. Great fun! I'll have to try the glowing vapor cloud idea! UFO sightings anyone??

I vote air too... You can use your "adult beverage" solo cup to make a compensator or brake. A drill for the barrel is a good idea too.

Second the chem lite idea. BTDT, great fun. "Parachutes" a new idea, we may have to try that.

Lots of fun. When i worked nights we use to build them. it is amazing what you can use for ammo. wire nuts. set screws act like a shoot gun.metal rod with pointed tip and black tape around it to seal. in barrel. the most fun is with dry ice..we use to get in it in small pellet form fill a 2 litter bottle up cap it put it in a bucket of hot water and wait a few minutes... we launch a saftey cone 60 feet into the air once. 20oz bottles make a big boom to.