R&R Saigas at Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 Gun

Here are some pictures of me and my shooting buddy Scott at the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 gun Match in Mesa, Arizona last weekend. We did ok, I placed 19th out of 48 that finished the match and Scott finished 29th, but his rifle broke the gas tube on Stage 9 and he had to shoot bolt action for the whole stage.

Here is a shot of Scott ready to start Stage 11, which was our first stage of the match. The 20 round mag was the hot ticket at this match and we used them several times.

post-22191-12700803667518_thumb.jpg

And me on 11.

post-22191-12700804092181_thumb.jpg

Here I am on Stage 9, they put us in a parachute harness and lifted us up on a wall to shoot the stage. They would not help you if you dropped anything. I thought I shot it pretty good but hit a no shoot and had a failure to neutralize that cost me a 10 second penalty.

post-22191-12700804816118_thumb.jpg

Here I am shooting my rifle on Stage 2. One of the targets was 4 clay birds that you shot with the rifle at about 35 yards.

post-22191-12700805361189_thumb.jpg

That's not a very good finish, But tell ya what.........

I will challenge you guys to a heads up competition at the MGM Ironman 3 Gun (Two man team). Maybe even a little side wager?

Let me know.

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

That's not a very good finish, But tell ya what.........

I will challenge you guys to a heads up competition at the MGM Ironman 3 Gun (Two man team). Maybe even a little side wager?

Let me know.

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

I agree, but it wasn't my equipment it was my focus. I'd be happy to go head to head with you. No need for a 2 man team, just you and me. First one in the standings wins. Side wager is fine with me, just figure out how much you can afford to lose and let me know.

Doug

You can afford to lose $1000, impressive. Lets make it $100 and bring it in cash the first day. We can have a third party hold it during the match.

As for Robert, I'm sure he'd love to get a piece of you, but he is busy making shotguns. Why don't you try to get into the Pan Am. Robert will be there and its all shotgun, a better test of your guns. He will also be at Blue Ridge, FNH and DPMS. Pick one and join the fun.

Doug

No problem, whatever you want to wager. First time in four years I am 100% healthy/healed up, so this should be interesting! Now I feel guilty. :devil:

Only shooting the Iron Man, will probably be down in Costa Rica surfing the rest of the year if I have my way.

Great match and will be a lot of fun.

Regards,

Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I want to go to the R&R match next year. I could not make it this year was tapped out after getting my shotgun worked done by Robert for an Open gun. How does superstition mountain rank with the other big three gun matches. What are the rules like. Is it one of the better ones? I am new to the three gun game.

pat

I want to go to the R&R match next year. I could not make it this year was tapped out after getting my shotgun worked done by Robert for an Open gun. How does superstition mountain rank with the other big three gun matches. What are the rules like. Is it one of the better ones? I am new to the three gun game.

pat

Superstition is a great match with fast stages, lots of run and gun. Plus the weather is nice there at the begining of the season. Make sure you get your application in as soon as they are available, it fills fast.

Doug

LOL, nice bump for this thread.

I love the friendly rivalry, makes me wish I could be there to hear the ball busting in person...

I actually met Jack at the FN match in Missori before the Ironman match and we talked quite a bit. I beat him at FN (he had some rifle problems) and he did not get to finish the Ironman match, but he gave me the $100 even though I tried not to take it. I have it folded in my wallet and told him that we could fight for that same $100 next time we shoot at a match together. He seems like a good guy to me and I would be happy to squad with him in the future.

Doug

• Like 1

I actually met Jack at the FN match in Missori before the Ironman match and we talked quite a bit. I beat him at FN (he had some rifle problems) and he did not get to finish the Ironman match, but he gave me the $100 even though I tried not to take it. I have it folded in my wallet and told him that we could fight for that same $100 next time we shoot at a match together. He seems like a good guy to me and I would be happy to squad with him in the future.

Doug

That right there is the true meaning of sportsmanship from both sides. Good on the both of you :super: