Saiga 12 Safety Lever Replacement Question

I'm in the middle of doing an S-12 conversion and I accidentally removed too much off of the safety lever when modifying it to slide past the BHO lever during reassembly. Now when I pull the trigger,the disconnector will trip the hammer even if the gun is on safety. :eek: Can I just use any AK safety lever as a replacement ? I have one on order that came from an Egyptian AK. Will this work ? Thanks.

I'm in the middle of doing an S-12 conversion and I accidentally removed too much off of the safety lever when modifying it to slide past the BHO lever during reassembly. Now when I pull the trigger,the disconnector will trip the hammer even if the gun is on safety. :eek: Can I just use any AK safety lever as a replacement ? I have one on order that came from an Egyptian AK. Will this work ? Thanks.

This is going to be one of those things you're going to wish you had checked with forum members first. The BHO can be modded to allow you to install and remove the safety, and if you accidentally screw it up (as some of us have - my first build for example), a BHO replacement is easy to find.

However, other S12 parts can be very hard to come by. I was lucky enough to find a guy who knew a guy in eastern Europe with some parts connections who had a paypal account.... Anyway, your best bet is to google "Tantal's collectors source", and email Tantal to see if he has one.

In the alternative, the good news is, I happen to have a spare :smoke:, but the bad news is I had to buy an entire S12 as a parts gun to get that spare :cryss:, and I will have to charge an arm and a leg to make it worthwhile to sell it :eek: So by all means, check with Tantal first.

I have used regular AK selectors as replacements, particularly in the .308s because the tab is longer than the factory one, correcting for the problem you have when putting a G-2 in the S-308, making the safety no longer work because it misses the back of the trigger. An AK selector will fix that, but you will end up with your safety scratch in a different place.