looking for etac twister puck feedback...

Sooo.... i have a perfectly runing s12 (3 port) all nice and converted. It runs like a dream. i dont even have to switch setings if i run wally world fed 7.5 shot.(i get a few fte if i use #8 on seting 1 but that is what setting 2 is for)

On an avarage range trip i could shoot any where between a 150 to 200 rnds.(a mix of 00 buck, slugs and bird)My thing is my gas tube gets filthy and my ruskie puck is caked with crud.(the really hard to get off crap) The puck itself is usally a b*tch to get out, and when i do i usally have to soak it over night to get it really clean and i know im not gettin all the crud out of the tube, no matter how hard i try.

so i get to reading the "best puck thread" and get to wonder if the twister puck dose what it claims. I noticed around 33 of you guys voted for it so im hopeing to get a little feed back before i take the plundge.

#1 are things any cleaner

#2 personaly i dont need any "fixes" so is it at least as reliable as the ruskie one? Any change to your normal gas settings?

#3 any signs of wear to the gun? pucks are easily replaceable but other parts not so much.

#4 wich one do you use and why? im thinking the standrd would work for me so i can use all loads and "set it and forget it" but i notice they have a medium. any real difrence between the two. and the magnum is for high brass only so im gonna pass on that one.

thanks ahead of time!!!

oh and i used the search and only found one older review thread so im hopeing more people have got them since...

#1 are things any cleanerYes, the twisterpuc does clean the gas block as you shoot. The puck itself will get dirty and the grooves will fill up, but it is easy to flake the carbon out of the grooves with a toothpick or something similar]

#2 personaly i dont need any "fixes" so is it at least as reliable as the ruskie one? Any change to your normal gas settings?On mine, with the standard puck, zero difference in reliability with factory puck

#3 any signs of wear to the gun? pucks are easily replaceable but other parts not so much.no signs of wear. The twister puc does not "shave" the gas block in any way or cause damage to it. I have put around 2000 rnds through mine and everything is peachy. Dont believe anyone claiming that it does, cause unless they have proof, they are just starting rumors about something they conjured up in their head

#4 wich one do you use and why? im thinking the standrd would work for me so i can use all loads and "set it and forget it" but i notice they have a medium. any real difrence between the two. and the magnum is for high brass only so im gonna pass on that one.Go with the standard. I had all three. The medium and magnum are for overgassed guns or for shooting magnum rounds.

Edited by sapper1371usmc

I have and have extensively used the "standard", "medium", and "magnum" Twisterpucs.

In my experience with them, they perform as advertised, i.e. they clean the gas block as they work. I do not think that they improve cyling compared to the factory puck, but as you said, that's not an issue for your gun. They scrape off and propel fouling back into the receiver, where there's plenty of room for it. :D

So long as you're not expecting them to help "fix" an undergassed gun, and are just looking for some mechanical cleaning action, I recommend them.

ymmv.

I have seen a notable increase in the amount of rounds i can fire before puck fouling begins to hinder cycling. i also second the fact that the crud flakes off very easily from the recessed areas in the twister puck. however, i would still like to try the ka puck. the consensus seems to be that the ka is the best.....

It sounds like I need to get a puck too if I want to be 922 compliant with the 10 round AGP mag that I just bought from here. I prefer to shoot heavy loads with my s12 (usually magnum buckshot or regular slugs). I do also use steel shot shells while hunting, but those are usually high powered 3" shells. Do you think the twister puck standard would be fine or should I look to use something more like the medium or magnum? I'm thinking I might want the medium for when I go hunting and just have to deal with my heavier loads kicking a bit harder. Any advise?