For the single bolt adapter...

Okay, so today I shot about 1,000ish rounds through my converted Saiga 308. Eventually the pistol grip came loose. After that the stock was loose. I have one of those stock adapters that just has the one hole that is left after you cut off the tang and is held somewhat in by the PG nut. So my question to you folks is what grip has done you better, the saw, or regular AK style? I have both and the SAW was on when this went down. I know in a regular "situation" getting 1,000 rounds off an AK in an 1-2 hour time frame in .308 Win isn't common but from yours guys experiences, what has held better?

The fact that my stock came off and I was left with a pistol AK that fully functioned freaked me the hell out and I immediately ripped the dust cover off, pulled out the recoil spring and took the bolt carrier out just to "show" that it wasn't assembled and I wasn't going for an AK pistol. I was on private property having a hell of a time (good time) when this all went down. God forbid it happens at the range in front of the BATFE or something, though it is unlikely I will be firing at the rate/amount I was on this private range/land and have it happen.

This is more of a in the long run I don't want to have a 10mm socket wrench/flat head screw driver to tighten things up ever time I shoot in bulk. Granted, I usually shoot at the public, 1 shot every 2 second range (LAME LAME LAME) but I felt shamed having my pride and joy come to pieces from only a 1,000 rounds in a sitting come apart, it just isn't acceptable in my book for an AK action weapon, if you can feel me.

So gents, will either pistol grip give me a better hold on things or do I need to bite the bullet and do some welding which would be a real pain to do given my situation (can't explain, but I can't weld here, and at the shop they would frown upon me welding a weapon...).

Let me know from experience what the best holding together of the stock/pistol grip is and also I will have some video's posted of the .308 and .410 being discharged as quick as possible after I get through cleaning them if I don't pass out afterwords. The .308, well, I was pulling the trigger so fast that at one point I thought it jammed but it was just the "rear sear" type deally catching like I was trying to fire fully auto or something if you know what I mean. Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Anyways, both the .308 and .410 Saiga's performed beautifully in my opinion, pushed way passed the amount of ammo/time frame of shooting any "regular" weapon could handle. Thanks IZHMASH!!! The dead tree is almost completely dead now!! Really, video's are to follow, I have one of each getting completely unloaded with full mags (highest cap they make for each) as fast as possible, good times gentlemen, very very good times!! :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

The fact that my stock came off and I was left with a pistol AK that fully functioned freaked me the hell out and I immediately ripped the dust cover off, pulled out the recoil spring and took the bolt carrier out just to "show" that it wasn't assembled and I wasn't going for an AK pistol. I was on private property having a hell of a time (good time) when this all went down. God forbid it happens at the range in front of the BATFE or something,

whats that about? you can have an Ak with no stock if you wish, if the barrel is at least 16" you are withing the legal OAL limit. I guess that cut off tang is taking you under the requisite amount?

anyhow, it's not the rifle thats at fault, it the aftermarket junk that's been attached to it. Loctite should help, so would having more than one mounting hole in the rear trunion for stock attachment.