Pic Request - Saiga12 conversion with SLR106 solid folding stock

I have seen several recently on-line, but the only one that I can remember where I saw it is under the topic Picture Post, Lets see your Saiga 12!. It's on page 5, 3/4 down, post #147 posted by skott.

Hope it helps.

I have seen several recently on-line, but the only one that I can remember where I saw it is under the topic Picture Post, Lets see your Saiga 12!. It's on page 5, 3/4 down, post #147 posted by skott.

Hope it helps.

Yeah that's a picture of the Saiga 12C conversion that forum member sKott did on his Saiga 12, though he used a Russian side-folding stock and rear trunnion (5.5mm hinge), rather than a Bulgarian side-folding stock and rear trunnion (4.5mm hinge).

Going to do my Saiga12 conversion soon and decided to go with the SLR106 style US made solid folding stock and SAW PG. Looking for reference pics with this setup. TIA

Back in December of 2007 sKott made a post of his whole whole Saiga 12C conversion process.

If you are a member of the AK forum (you have to be a registered user there to read any threads), there is a Saiga 12C conversion thread over there as well, done by forum member Tomovich back in 2006. Interestingly, Tomovich had to fab the side-folding stock retaining catch he used in his Saiga 12C conversion from scratch, since back then getting ahold of a Izhmash made Saiga 12C side-folding stock retaining catch was virtually impossible, and there were no domestic manufacturers making them yet either (and a regular AK rifle side-folding stock retaining catch won't work with a Saiga 12).

Edited by Frogfoot

You don't see many. Most folks seem to go with a ACE folder instead. Probably because there are more stock options that way. I had Red Jacket put a DPH "Bulgy" triangle folder on the 12.5" he built.

P1070306.jpg

You don't see many. Most folks seem to go with a ACE folder instead. Probably because there are more stock options that way. I had Red Jacket put a DPH "Bulgy" triangle folder on the 12.5" he built.

P1070306.jpg

How is the recoil with the triangle folder and no rubber recoil pad?

hey sunnybean I see that on your 12.5 the gas system is in the original place. Does that cycle low brass and if so what port size are you running?

Also nice to see your brake painted to match. I like that two tone grey and black reminds me of my fav football team.

Edited by raidersfan_5544

Phakuza,

Recoil is fine on birdshot...stings a bit with 3".

Raidersfan,

Will at RJ drilled a hole so it now has three. Not sure on the port size. As for cycling low brass, I've had it out three times. First trip it had some FTE. Brought it home and polished everything up real well and swapped the factory recoil spring with a reduced power one. Next trip out she ran great. I just walking in the door from another 100rds of Federal Walmarty #7.5 and it wasn't running so well this time. My guess is that it needs a good cleaning.