Trigger not resetting

I have a Siaga 12 ga that has been converted and uses a Tapco G2 Trigger group. After putting 50 or so round in it occasionally the trigger does not come forward after firing when I let off finger pressure. If I squeeze the trigger a second time nothing happens. If I take two fingers and grab the trigger and pull it forward it snaps out and will then fire normally until it hangs up again.

Any ideas on the cause of this? Would the Tapco G2 trigger recall problem cause this? I have yet to check the trigger group to see if it needs to be replaced. I am still figuring out how to pull it apart.

You'll need to remove the dust cover and check to make sure the hammer springs are on top of the trigger arms, and one arm hasn't slipped off.

They are on top of the arms

You will probably need to make a slight bend in the right hammer leg to make clearence for the BHO lever. I have had to do this will all of mine. Go to CSS' website and click on video links. Scroll down about halfway where it talks about the JTE performance mainsprings and watch. They are using the JTE springs, but the same principle goes to the factory spring as well.

Also the spring legs might be on the trigger arms now, but during recoil, the right one tends to slip off. I have a hard time replicating the issue by hand, but it will sure creep up when you are firing. Once you do this mod, you will not have issues again.

I had the same problem with my S17, having to push the trigger forward after each shot. With the dust cover off I could see that as I released the trigger the disconnector was dragging hard and hanging up just before it could release the hammer. Seems like maybe the disconnect spring is too powerful. I polished the surfaces where the disconnector mates and the problem disappeared.

You'll need to remove the dust cover and check to make sure the hammer springs are on top of the trigger arms, and one arm hasn't slipped off.

They are on top of the arms

You will probably need to make a slight bend in the right hammer leg to make clearence for the BHO lever. I have had to do this will all of mine. Go to CSS' website and click on video links. Scroll down about halfway where it talks about the JTE performance mainsprings and watch. They are using the JTE springs, but the same principle goes to the factory spring as well.

Also the spring legs might be on the trigger arms now, but during recoil, the right one tends to slip off. I have a hard time replicating the issue by hand, but it will sure creep up when you are firing. Once you do this mod, you will not have issues again.

+1

Bend it out so the END of the leg is on the rear of the trigger leg. It walks to the center. The rt. side of the spring pressing against the BHO tends to cause the issue.

A slight bend in the center of the spring leg outward will solve the issue.

I have had this issue on multiple guns. Easy fix.

Polishing the internals is never a bad idea too though.